spanner symbol on 2020 ford motorhome

Tony Savage

Hi

after driving for a while i get a spanner symbol appear and then go off leaving me in limp mode, i have to stop and switch off engine and restart of which i can continue. Really frustrated as been into garage and they say nothing wrong as their comp shows nothing up. Having checked around online i find the symbol represents a service light or particulate filter so as anyone else had this happen to them. Before i know it i will be out of guarantee and will be funding costs. any info greatly appreciated

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Tony.

It might be useful to know your motorhome’s make/model, which motor it has power-output-wise and whether it has manual or automatic transmission.

Assuming that your motorhome is based on a 2020 Transit Mk 8 (rather than on a Transit Connect), the relevant Owner’s Manual is viewable here

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/2020-Ford-Transit-Owners-Manual-version-2_om_EN-US_03_2020.pdf

The Manual’s "Warning Lights” section includes three ‘spanner’ options (shown in the 3 images attached below) but I’m not sure which of these you are getting. It certainly used to be the case with Transit Mk 6/7 vehicles that the spanner warning symbol indicated that a service was due (or the symbol had not been ‘cleared’ after a service had been done) and there was a simple manual sequence that the vehicle’s owner could follow to extinguish the apanner symbol. However, on Transit Mk 8s the spanner symbol seems to be a genuine warning of a fault.

Have you asked about this on the Ford Transit Forum?

https://fordtransit.org/

That’s where the expertise is most likely to lie, and I don’t recall the ‘spanner’ issue coming up here before - or at least not where recent Ford vehicles were concerned.

spanner1.png.6540b9dfe15d83cf34b4265e876d2c72.png

spanner2.png.6a50b1e2c1746a6a50f93fb9da4d1a40.png

spanner3.png.6de36e2f2f9a0d05904d896d5f78a8b5.png

Archived