tyre problems? has anyone come across this?

fesspark

Last Friday, I took a rear wheel off my Burstner nexxo 2014 model, 10.000 miles from new as it had a very very slow puncture, thought maybe the valve was faulty but ,that wasn,t to be, The garage a well known one in my area,could not find the leak so suggested they split the tryre from the hub,I could not believe what I saw next, There was a very small nail close to the inner tyre wall and from that the inside of the tyre had split right across leaving very little between the casing and fresh air, it could have blown at any time.How lucky we are it didn,t, Returned from Spain in april, many fastish miles on motorways and only 2 weeks ago returned from a month in France, no spare wheel just a tyre to replace any damage one if it occured.needless to say had to purchase another motorhome tyre at at £135.00.the tread on the split tyre had hardly worn.anyone ever thought at what is underneath them when driving along at 65 mph thinking all is fine?

I've only just seen this post but have on several occasions seen a nail in the thread area of a tyre which was repairable but on removal to repair found that the nail had damaged the inside wall of tyre beyond repair perhaps similar to yours

Archived