warning light on dash /mis- fire

Alleycat

Hi ,My mh has had a problem with a misfire, I have narrowed il down to connection on no2 injector,I peeled back the rubber cover and noticed a discolouring of the outer plastic insolation. On feeling the wire it felt different to the other wire (there are 2 wires) both White. I left the cover off ,started the motor and off went the EML and the engine ran as sweet , My question is it possible to splice a new wire in as I think the one strand cable has couroded through.

For anyone who can advise based on expert knowledge, I believe the motor is a Peugeot 2.8HDI.

(If it’s suspected that the electrical wiring to an injector has become faulty, I would have thought replacement rather than repair would be the recommended approach.)

You can buy replacement plugs with a short pair of wires attached. I bought some from Ebay earlier this year. Just search for 'Bosch injector plugs' and you will find a couple of suppliers. These can be used to replace individual plugs on the 2.8 engine. It's a bit tight to work in the area but a little careful perseverance with a soldering iron and you will sort this out. Make sure you mark the cables carefully because they do have to go back the right way round!

thanks for your thoughts but the problem is that the cable in question runs into the wiring harness all the way back to the ECU unit . I have now sent the ECU unit to be tested as I am told by technical man that my problem is the unit itself, we are waiting for answers. thanks again for your comments

Archived