water tank hose leak

ericmacarthur

My Talbot Express 1992 2.5 Turbo has a leaking inlet hose to fresh water storage tank - it's just a persistent drip, not at the moment a significant loss of water. But I'ld like to fix it. It has been taped upo by the previous owner but has stareted leaking again. I can't see how to release at the water inlet end - I could unclip it from the tank. Anyone had to replace this before and any idea how to access the inlet end?

If you can release the tank end of the hose, could you release the filler point from the side of the van and then remove that complete with the hose? That should make any replacement hose easier to identify, and should also make the connection at the rear of the filler point easy to get at.

You will need to clean up around the filler point and apply new sealant, but should only then have to make the inboard (tank) end connection to the filler hose in-situ. I think large Jubliee clips are usually used both ends.

You may find it easier/safer to also buy a new filler point, since the plastic may have become brittle with age and might break when removing/refixing, or when tightening the hose clip.

Archived