Main touring holiday

Administrator

Main touring holiday  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Know we are going to Spain/Portugal, via France. Have yet to book ferry, due to personal comittments. Am hoping for some cheap options, but look like they will not be coming. Plan to get the fast cat from Portsmouth to Cherbourg .WE Visit friends in France on way to Spain,( free camping, all mod cons) Lucky to have friends in different parts of France, and they are always grateful for the TEA BAG delivery. we make our plans as we go, if we like the look of somewere we stay, if not go elswere Should be leaving begining of May to July, get home before the schools break up, and the fees go up!!

Guest Tracker

Just been to Morocco but that was not our main holiday as that is undecided yet but it could well be Norway again if we don't move house!

Won't decide until about a month before we go.

Harwich-Hook, for a week in Amsterdam (including a Baptist celebration - we've been around for 400 years this year, and it all began there).

Then heading East, to see (for the first time) Berlin, Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna, Prague ... and wherever else we fancy once we're rolling. We've got 5 weeks before the return ferry.

I'm with Basil on this one, When leaving the Euro tunnel exit we sort of decide the direction normally southish, pending on the weather is when we stop. South of France last year. Booked to go in May this year and the only reservation is the camp site on our return for the dogs - vet thingy. Unlike most who rub my nose in it I can only take 10days at a time. But we still make the most of the valuable time.

Dennis

Ps we tend to go 5 times (euro tunnel frequent travel ticket costing £390+£18 return for the MH ). B-)

Den - 2009-04-02 6:23 PM

Unlike most who rub my nose in it I can only take 10days at a time.

Sorry Den, didn't mean to rub your nose in it - just excited, it'll be the first time we've ever had such a long break.

Get your own back next time you go away for a full weekend - I can very rarely do that 'cos of the "day job!" :-(

Tony

Tony Jones - 2009-04-09 1:24 PM

Den - 2009-04-02 6:23 PM

Unlike most who rub my nose in it I can only take 10days at a time.

Sorry Den, didn't mean to rub your nose in it - just excited, it'll be the first time we've ever had such a long break.

Get your own back next time you go away for a full weekend - I can very rarely do that 'cos of the "day job!" :-(

Tony

Well you will stand there preaching on what is supposed to be the day of rest.

We will be off to France and Spain dont exactly know when or for how long yet seeing as it had to be put back. Usually over there this time of year but had long term guest in shape of daughters dog so October is looking likely now

About 8 weks in France,from mid-May, crossing at very 'unsocial' hours Dover/Calais (£50 return)....then ultimately to south of France, for about 3-4 weeks, but initially looking at weather report,to see if we should go via west coast, down the east side, or down the middle! Can't wait for the sun and warmth now!

However, not looking forward to the increases in prices due to the poor Euro rate.

From mid September we go across to France over night Plymouth to Roscoff, two weeks around the Loire, down to North of Spain via Biarritz, into northern Portugal and down to Lisbon for a stop over whilst my wife returns to UK for two weeks. Unfortunately we have been unable to find any insurance company who will allow us both to return and leave the van, even in a locked garage!!!!!

Then down to the Algarve and along to the Costa de la Luz in Spain where we will stay for three weeks and return mid April.

We will stay in a variety of locations, wild camping as a preference, Aires as a second preference and occasionally camp sites.

I have planned the trip to some extent but keeping our options open by having as much information as possible. Google Earth has been a great help to see in advance what the georaphy is especially access and where sites are in relation to towns, and where the wild parking is.

We collect our new van (our first) on 1st May and have summer in the UK as a shake down excercise. We have in the past cruised on our 40` ketch (now sold) so we have some experience of being in confined quarters for a period of time!!!!!

Porky (Roy Fuller)

Next week - off down the east coast taking in Cleethorpes, Skegness, Boston, Spalding before ending up at Peterborough for the show from Thursday to Sunday. Get the pancake mixture ready Clive m'lad I ain't going to miss out this time round!!!! (lol)

3 weeks end of June/beginning of July - hubby fancies Italy, I'm not so sure, it'll depend on the dog (ie if he's still with us and how well he is :-| ). Tunnel paid for so hopefully we'll get across the water! 8-)

2 weeks in mid-August - heading up to Scotland, probably across to Skye and then wherever we feel like. :-D Now, whether we return and go back to work is a moot point ...... :->

Archived