Oh, we do like to be ....

Administrator

Well should rule us out too, but not going to be!

One of best sea side aires we visit in France is at Port Carro (Bouches-du-Rhone, dept 13), You park right next to sea front/ harbour wall with easy walk into village. Bus from village runs into the interesting town of Martigues, whilst catching same bus to rail station allows a trip into Marseille. Cost (low season) 6€/night inc. services. Does get busy, so arrive early but a great sea side stopover.

Our favorite seaside location is top secret and I'm not telling >:-)

But I will tell you the ones we visit most, Southwold and Frinton, both are only around 2hrs from us.

Southwold is for the 'grown up' visit, quaint town, interesting relativly unspoilt harbour, campsite within staggering distance of decent pub and just a short distance from beach, we've even been known to visit the dodgey end of beach that andy saw on his round brittian tour.

Frinton, not too bad a town, relativly undeveloped beach, and just a short trip to Walton to keep the young'uns happy, which reminds me, does anyone know of a tranqualiser you can take such that you can keep an eye on the kids without being driven mad by the noise and flashing lights of amusments.

:-S

Swanage is a lovely old fashioned sea side town in Dorset with a beautiful steam railway. It has one of the oldest Punch and Judy shows as well as a safe, sandy beach and wonderful scenery. There are amusements for the kids if necessary, crazy golf, etc, etc, fish and chips as well as boat trips, country park and plenty of places to visit locally.

It suits all ages and has a really nice atmosphere, small but not too small, but still small enough not to be over powered by night clubs and food chains.

• 2 weeks later...
Madmaggott - 2011-06-16 3:57 PMAnywhere that we are not treated like pariahs because we have a dog, just because some dog owners don't 'pick up'!

But mainly my home town because we can enjoy it each and every day and we know the best walks and pubs to call at.

We too live in Pembrokeshire. Freshwater West? Barafundle? Broadhaven?...... Not to mention that lovely harbour side pub at L….. H.... Ok, won't say any more, let's keep it secret.

Guest Peter James
I like Southwold too. But it was horrible last week, lovely sunny weather but clouds of those little black flies on the seafront that crawl all over you. Was better inland.

Archived