Your 2013 travel plans

Andrew MMM

Hi Andrew, all the best for the New Year,

Where to go ? The world, or nearly, is our oyster now we are retired.

Think we might drop down to Spain for a few weeks Feb/Mar.

For our main break May/Jun we hope to explore along the Mosselle starting from its entering the Rhine at Koblenz to its source down in France. That's the plan at present but things tend to change, that's the beauty of motor homing.

(lol)

George.. - 2013-01-08 5:41 PMHi Andrew, all the best for the New Year,Where to go ? The world, or nearly, is our oyster now we are retired.Think we might drop down to Spain for a few weeks Feb/Mar.For our main break May/Jun we hope to explore along the Mosselle starting from its entering the Rhine at Koblenz to its source down in France. That's the plan at present but things tend to change, that's the beauty of motor homing. (lol)

sounds great!

Hi Andrew

After 6 weeks in Europe last year and a planned 6 weeks in Poland & Germany next year we are staying in the uk this year. We are in Cornwall in May for 15 days and in Suffolk & Norfolk in August for 13 days also taking in the Twinwoods Festival on our way back. The rest of the year we will be rallying with the Avon section of the c.c and also with the Compass & Herald club.

Guest pelmetman
Andrew MMM - 2013-01-08 10:12 AMThe overindulgence of Christmas is firmly behind (most) of us and there's a whole new year of motorhoming waiting to be enjoyed.

With this in mind - where are you planning to take your motorhome in 2013? 

Well for the last 3 years including this one ;-)...........spent new year at Biarritz prior to crossing the border to Spain for another notch on my aged skeleton:D...................as to where we will go this year?......don't know :-S..............................have vague ideas of invading Germany :D..................to see how they would like it ;-)......

Apart from going to some motorhome shows and the odd few days away, we've got 2 main holiday planned. The first is a 47 day trip to main 'Euroland' in May/June - hubby fancies going to Germany but that could change by then! The second is a 29 day trip to Ireland (southern part) as we really enjoyed it last time we went - very relaxing so are going back in August/September to see if the weather is a bit better and we can get the canoes out this time! B-)

Another year of fantastic holidays in our van hopefully.

Off to explore Austria, Hungary and Slovakia this summer (May/June) for a few weeks, before that in Scotland for Easter and plenty of weekends we haven't planned yet.

We have some favourite campsites an hour or so drive from Manchester that we will get to some time during the year, but are always on the look out for new ones.

Hopefully new motorhome will be delivered in time to give it a shake down over Easter. Then we have one pass left from last year for Eurotunnel , so it will be a dash over to France to show it the sights of Paris . Renew the Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller Account and hopefully spend as much time between May and October in Europe mainly France another must do will be the 2013 Le-Tour and definately the Dordogne. Should fill in the gaps by using the CCC temp holiday sites.

Well I wanted to go to Greece but after last year's six month trip and looking at how much work I didn't do and the fact I'm only 46 it looks like I might have to have a year off and work! :-D

I normally have winter work lined up (IT consultant) but I have secured nothing and I am panicking a bit now.

So if anyone wants to employ me for a bit I would be very grateful. My cv is fantastic!

If not I'll be going to scarborough an all!

No doubt we'll have numerous "little trips" within the UK, but our main holiday will be a bit of an adventure for us.

For the first time ever, we're taking the Biscay route - Portsmouth-Bilbao. Then across northern Spain, spend a long weekend with my brother and his family, who've booked an apartment at Sitges before heading south to the Alicante area, where we have relatives and friends to say hello to.

Back up the motorway, then slow down at the border and meander gently back through western France. Towards the end of the trip, we hope to see the stage of the Tour de France that finishes at St Malo, before crossing back from Dieppe to Newhaven (another first for us).

Just over 3 weeks in all. We''ll probably mostly use campsites in Spain, but we'll be joining France Passion again so the later half of the trip will be a mixture of FPs, Aires and the occasional site.

• 3 weeks later...
We got into rally mode last year and attended several both weekend and holiday rallies so I think it will be much the same this year however we will be taking the van to France for around three weeks to the Lot valley and return via my daughters house in the Champagne region. It would be nice to say we have not set a return date but I get the impression that Eurotunnel does not favour open return tickets so it will not be a carefree holiday, we will have to set a return date and stick with it. By the same token I am not proposing to book any sites. I really want it to be a go as you please break.

Archived