First Trip out to Europe

aka4ajax

Hi All,

Looking for advice please, I am off on my first trip out to Holland this coming September and am trying to get as much info together before I venture out to ensure a smooth holiday.

I will be travelling in an 8m MH and intend to go via the Euro Tunnel, so the first question is this MH too big to fit in or are they used to the larger sized vehicles. I realise trucks go on there, just wondering if they allow the MH to go with the trucks.

My second question is my choice of destination, I intend to stop at an Aires in Arnhem down by John Frost Bridge, has anyone stopped there before and can offer any advice.

Thanks.
Neil

HI Neil

We have traveled on the tunnel twice., though we are only 6mtr The first time only us and a coach on the whole train!1

Should be no problem with your length , then. You have to go through a check , to ensure that your gas is turned off, prior to boarding

Have not traveled to Holland by van, though sailed there down the canals. Great friendly country. If you have not got the ACSI discount book, worth getting, as lots of camp sites at discount prices. The cost of book is paid for in 1 or 2 nights stay.

Just enjoy your first (of many?) trips across the water

PJay

Archived