Sites with access to public transport

Knaus

• 1 month later...
Knaus - 2016-02-12 11:33 AMHiDoes anyone know of sites with public transport very close by in an radius of about 120 miles of Portsmouth? We have motorhome and can't really be bothered with packing everything up every time we want to visit a place.

Quite a geographic area to cover so I suspect there are quite a number with public transport close by.  Getting a list would be quite an undertaking I should think.  My best guess would be to look for a site close to a town or village and then get a taxi from site to transport pick up/drop off.

Knaus - 2016-02-12 11:33 AM

Hi

Does anyone know of sites with public transport very close by in an radius of about 120 miles of Portsmouth? We have motorhome and can't really be bothered with packing everything up every time we want to visit a place.

I stayed at a site along the seafront at Southsea some years ago - that's not far out of Portsmouth and I walked into town.

Southsea Leisure Park ( if I remember rightly ).

;-)

Hi There is a caravan &camping site at Southbourne (this is called the Chichester site in sites book or online). The bus stops almost outside site from where you can go to Chichester or even as far as Brighton and the other direction takes you to Portsmouth. Both directions only take a short time. There is a site on Hayling Island called Fishery Creek and that is only a short walk to the bus stop. The buses run every 15minutes to Havant from where you can catch buses to Portsmouth and Chichester.

Archived