You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Sites and places to stay -> Sites Speak
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Tips for Transylvania
AuthorMessage
userCinzia
Posted: 1 May 2019 12:53 PM
Subject: Tips for Transylvania

Just joined

Hi there!
We are planning a trip to Transylvania in a couple of weeks, here is our itinerary:
https://cinziasblog.travel.blog/2019/04/07/preparing-the-itinerary-for-transylvania/

We are travelling by camper (off-road vehicle) and we have 8 days for Transylvania (plus 2 days to return home).
if you have any tips or recommendations, they are more than welcome!!!!
Many thanks!!!

userpelmetman
Posted: 2 May 2019 6:16 PM
Subject: RE: Tips for Transylvania

Walks with the gods

Garlic and wooden stakes .......

Just sayin .......

userCinzia
Posted: 5 May 2019 1:09 PM

Just joined

userCinzia
Posted: 30 May 2019 2:01 PM

Just joined

Just back from our trip ..... it was amazing!!! Romania is a fantastic country, I was surprised to see so few foreign visitors and nearly no motorhomes!
Here is our final itinerary (which starts and ends in Munich, Germany ... where we live

https://cinziasblog.travel.blog/category/travel/

Is Transylvania worth a visit?
Here is my answer on a scale from 1 to 10:
11!!!!
userBulletguy
Posted: 11 June 2019 12:50 AM

Legendary contributor

Glad you enjoyed Cinzia. I've been to Romania a few times and was there only last year. Agree with you Transylvania is certainly worthy of a visit. North east Maramure Carpathian region is a very scenic large national park area and almost similar to parts of Austria or Switzerland. Even the houses are similar in style.

Only mistake i made last year was driving north from the Bulgarian border, expecting my GPS would put me on the ring road to avoid Bucharest......it didn't and i ended up in the thick of Bucharest city traffic which is just insanely mad MAD!! Rules of the road don't apply and cars will suddenly dive in front of you with no warning so you really have to be ready to hit the brakes hard...they don't give a damn about you!!

Nothing i could do except keep going until finally i was at the outer city limits and leaving the worst behind me!

Edited by Bulletguy 2019-06-11 12:51 AM
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator