Visiting Keukenhoff Gardens

blaven

Hi there. We're off to Holland end of April with the intention of visiting Keukenhoff for the Tulips. Is there a decent campsite nearby for our small Fiat motorhome, or should we stay nearer to Amsterdam and drive there,-given that we want to visit the city for about 3-4 days anyway?

We stayed nearby at Camping Duinpan (N 52.26822, E 4.46977) as easy cycle ride to Kuekenhof about 3 miles away.

We know others who have stayed at Camping De Hof van Eeden in Lisse (N 52.22122, E 4.55380 ) which is slightly closer.

There are also plenty of aires around that area if you want just a place for overnight.

blaven - 2017-03-21 1:23 PM

Hi there. We're off to Holland end of April with the intention of visiting Keukenhoff for the Tulips. Is there a decent campsite nearby for our small Fiat motorhome, or should we stay nearer to Amsterdam and drive there,-given that we want to visit the city for about 3-4 days anyway?

I think end of April , will be a bit late for the tulips!. i went many years ago, and the parade of floats was early April. I see you live very north, and my tulips. have been out for weeks, and most are going over!

If you google, you may get some idea of the dates

it was a wonderful site to see.

PJay

you will get more responses if you move you question to the main forum

PJay,

• 1 month later...

Just as a postscript:- we arrived Keukenhof 29th April. Massive displays with no hint of tulips being past their best. Obviously there were some 'earlies ' which had lost their petals, but on the whole, it was a staggering display with maybe another week or two to run. Very crowded, but I would recommend it, and I'm not a gardener!

We stayed at Campin Op Hoop Van Zegen. Ok, but dodgy electric supply getting shut down on a regular basis.

blaven - 2017-05-18 8:35 AM

Just as a postscript:- we arrived Keukenhof 29th April. Massive displays with no hint of tulips being past their best. Obviously there were some 'earlies ' which had lost their petals, but on the whole, it was a staggering display with maybe another week or two to run. Very crowded, but I would recommend it, and I'm not a gardener!

We stayed at Campin Op Hoop Van Zegen. Ok, but dodgy electric supply getting shut down on a regular basis.

So glad you did get to see the bulbs. As I said it was a long time ago (1951) when I went.I guess it is much bigger now anyway, as they where still getting back to growing after the war.

PJay

Archived