Chateau Mobile

Guest Jac Shaughnessy

Guest Jac Shaughnessy
Can anyone help! We have a 30 year old Chateau mobile trailer tent. Its in top condition with an awning and hasnt been used for years.Now we want to sell it. Has anyone any idea how much its worth and where we could advertise it? Jack

• 1 month later...
Guest John Bramwell
Did you sell your Chateau Mobile trailer tent? I had one a few years back and had to sell it with a non standard canvasses as the originals had rotted with age. No matter how well you store the canvasses they go in the end. Of course if the canvasses were good it would be very rare and this would reflect in the price.

Guest Jack Shaughnessy
The canvas is all perfect although the frame poles are slightly rusty and discoloured. Even so they work fine with a bit of wd40. Jack

Guest John Bramwell
I wouldn't mind seeing the canvasses if you didn't live too far from London,however to get the best price e-bay would still be the best way to go. If what you say about the canvasses is true I would certainly be out bid as I am sure there would be a lot of interest.

• 5 months later...
I have the invoice from feb 1972 for my dads chateau with deluxe annexe and it cost £412.98. According to a web site converter http://eh.net/hmit/ukcompare/ that is equivalent £3,650.18. If its in perfect condition then its got to be worth 500+ although only someone who is after this type of trailer may want to pay that much. Hope it helps By the way I still have my dads and its got new hinges (piano style) and the canvus is superb and the quality of the needlework is second to none.

Hi I too have a Chateau Mobile which belonged to my parents in the late 60s/early 70's. Did you know that we have established a Chateau Mobile Owners Club on Yahoo? Very friendly group, we're trying to get a few people together with their CMs in the summer for a weekend meet. They're really quite rare as I'm sure you know. In all the years ours has been in the family, I had never seen another one until a couple of years ago when the group started. Now Kevin, started it all off, has managed to gather some 20 or more owners. Debbie http://groups.yahoo.com/group/chateaumobileowners/

• 3 years later...

Archived