Clam Cleats

MandiNKel

Seen another thread asking about and had to google them to see what they where, now thinking on getting some look really easy to use and a lot better than the ones that come on the tents. With these and my new Delta's my tent won't be going anywhere

Just ordered a 50pk and reel of reflective guy to replace all my guys

http://www.cleats.co.uk/home/default.asp

Anyone else use them?

• 2 weeks later...
I used these on my caravan awning originally with reflective guy lines. As I camp in extended season near the coast I found no slippedge especially when wet. I also found them ideal for wind breaks for keeping my dogs in and as an extra protection when tenting on my own. They have never failed but are best used with cord supplied. I have used them with flat synthetic cord but they do not release so easily. I also use them with cut short lenghs of cord from the web site (buy the thickest as better when wet) for stowing equipment and holding my Nordic Poles in the back of my weekender. Not bad for a product originally intended for dingy salors. No I don,t work for the company but one of the best british inventions that needs to find wider use in the camping industry.

Archived