Polycotton tents

Juliekk

Can anyone tell me there experience of using a polycotton tent as I am tempted by the Outwell Yukon River 4.

My concerns are how easy they are to put up and how difficult they are to dry off or move when wet?

Thanks in advance

Hi Julie,

Polycotton tents are usually more breathable than polyester tents so less condensation and they don't tend to flap as much in the wind so are a lot quieter on those windy nights and they tend to be cooler on hot days.

Downside is they're heavy than polyester tents and the packed size is usually larger which has to be taken into consideration when packing in the boot of the car.

As for easyness of pitching then that'll depend on the design of the particualar model. Always try to see the pitching instructions before buying then you can make a decision as to whether you think it's easy to pitch. Outwell has pitching instructions for their tents on their website along with pitching videos so check them out at http://www.outwell.dk/uk/

As for drying time, i really haven't noticed much difference between drying my polyester and polycotton tents....... the latter are just a bit heavier to manouvre around or hang up.

Hope this helps

Pete.

Archived