Seeking Family Sites in France

Bubbles

Heading to France this July on 1st holiay abroad with our Autotrail & 3 kids under 7yrs . Looking for hints for the trip, mainly good lively sites for both kids & parents not too far away from Calais. Cheapest way to go seems to be dublin - holyhead, drive tru uk and euro tunnell to france. Any hints/tips would be greatfully appreciated.

These web sites may point you in the right direction to find camp sites in France.

www.keycamp.co.uk

www.eurocamp.co.uk

www.canvasholidays.co.uk

There are quite a few sites within an hour or two of Calais but only you know what will keep you all happy whilst on holiday.

If you join and become a member of 'Tripadvisor' you'll find quite a few helpful threads about camping in France.

The cheapest way there is probably the one you've chosen but you're certainly going to have put in a hellava lot of milage even before you get to France.

The ferry from Rosslare to Roscoff might be a quicker but unfortunately dearer option.

Best of luck.

Hi,

We find these really useful they do different ones that cover different parts of France and many other countries, not a lot of camp sites in there but loads of things listed to do for the whole family.

http://tinyurl.com/yczcq22

Another good book to use as a reference would be the ASCI book as that has many sites and pictures of family centred places. I am sure you will find someone with an out of date one as most of us get them yearly, I have already loaned mine out or you could have used that. You won't be able to use the book with its card as most don't run through to July with their offers.

Have a great time

Mandy

Archived