Which Weekend Tent??

HEJC72

We currently own a Cabanon Mistral TT and a Khyam Ontario 8 tent. I love both these but I can't pitch them on my own.

I am looking to buy a cheap, easy to pitch tent that is big enough for me and my 3 sons (13, 6 and 1) so that we can get away for the odd weekend/short break, when hubby is working.

Have looked at loads of different tents and the more I look, the more confused I'm getting!

Can anyone reccomend a suitable tent?

It needs to be:

* large enough for us to be able to sit/eat inside if the weather is bad

* tall enough for us to stand up in

* spacious bedroom area (either 1 large room or 2/3 smaller rooms)

* relatively cheap (ideally less than £100)

* easy to pitch on my own or with limited help from the children (eldest won't always want to come!)

* pitch fly first or as one

Over to you!!! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - I also would recommend the Khyams, from personal experience.

I've had several of the over the years; now we've got a "Mckinley", and also the garden-room gazebo type thingy, but which with all the sides down and the optional built-in inner liner/groundsheet makes a simply great tent!

But the gazebo is big and heavy and really is only OK for two people; and the Mckinley is great for two people and light enough to go on the back of my motorbike.

There is some Khyam model in their quick-erect range that looks like the McKinley, but is high enough to stand up in.........can't remember the model name but it may be worth a look.

Khyam - pricy, but top quality, and an absolute breeze to pitch/pack away.

Maybe once you've decided on the model that you want, have a good look on ebay - there's always dozens there 2nd hand.

Cheers,

Bruce.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for the link...

Yeomanns have a show opening near to us this weekend, so I think I'll wander down and take a look for myself...

Not sure I can justify £200 on a weekend tent... But if it makes life easier and I'm able to pitch it myself, then it could be a worthwhile investement... (I wouldn't like to attempt to pitch the Bear Lake on my own)...

Archived