big tent for 2 people

Guest Mark Townsley

Guest Mark Townsley
Hello I am planning to buy a new tent, however i am unsure which tent to buy. Can anyone suggest a tent with the following:- 1. Flysheet first setup 2. bulit in groundsheet for living area 3. large living area 4. at least 3 man bedroom 5. stand up tent 6. a high hrydrostatic head I have been looking at the Outwell Winfield, Outwell Montana, and the outwell hartford L. However are these to big for only 2 persons ? thanks

Guest Vicki
I'm looking for the same. Something to take on a trip where every night is spent in a different place so it has to be quick to erect & to strike. Also, needs to be waterproof!

We bought the APS 2302 for short breaks, cos we couldn't stand the thought of crawling into a low tent. The living area is 6'6" high, 7'6"w x 10'9" deep,(overall size 16'6"x7'6"). It's got a four berth sleeping pod so there's plenty of room for just two of us. Hydrostatic head 2000 with aluminium poles to stand up to storms! It's flysheet first, and quick to erect, but has 4 windows which means you don't feel too isolated if the weather's bad. Paid £110 for mine last year, but I believe you can buy them for about £100 now.

PS. It comes with seperate shaped groundsheet for living area, but it's not a sewn-in one. Bedroom pod has sewn-in ground sheet.

Hi Mark, I've owned the Outwell Hartford L and have just bought the Outwell Montana 6. The Hartford is inner tent first so fails on one of your requirements but we used it for just the 2 of us and didn't feel it was too large but rather thought the bedrooms were a bit on the small side. The Montana's are the ones I've been waiting for...5000mm Hydro-static head, full standing headroom throughout, fully sewn in groundsheet system, full viewing areas from within the tent, pitches as one so it doesn't matter what the weather throws at you when pitching. It's also very easy to pitch (only 4 steel poles + 1 durawrap for the rain safe doorway on the Montana 6)but also very stable. Hope this helps. Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you seen the nomad masai 2? Plenty of room to stand up and for a table n chairs, 15 mins set up, zip-in groundsheet and a Polycotton exteremely waterproof flysheet - Perfect!

Marg, There's a few places on the web, best shopping around for best price. I bought mine from BTC in Fleetwood. You could try the Outdoor Megastore ( http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/) and I believe Millets are currently advertising 10% discount for web orders (may take 28 days to arrive though). Or if you want to really check out the specifications of the Montana 6 (and the 4 and 12) then have at look at Outwells website... (http://www.frontstairs.dk/oaseoutdoorsfrontend/tents.aspx?b=Outwell&bid=2&lid=1&l=en-GB) HTH Pete.

• 2 weeks later...
check that spec out my friend.. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16041&item=5186274613&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW we grabbed one for £79.50, we found blacks equivelent in size for £249 but that was the standard spec.. he has a range of tents, just check his different items out, we recieved it in 3 days too..

Archived