fully booked

rhinoatcas

just spent over 2 hours and 40 phone calls trying to book 3 tent pitches for our families on any campsite in yorkshire but to no avail every site we could lend a hand on was fully booke except 1 who could fit my 2 daughters tents in but could not fit our gelert horizon 8 in it was much too large they said.this brings me to a couple of points.

1 the horizon tent is 7.5 metres x 3.5 yes it is quite long but is very narrow compaired with other large tents with bedrooms (pods) so why are we always asked for extra payment

2 i now know that camping has really boomed this year.

Hi, Just join the Caravan and Camping club and you will have tons to choose from. We are using one next week right on the cliff tops in Fraisthorpe just outside Bridlington, they have another at Wilsthorpe just down the road and I am sure there are some in Flamborough and Filey.

It doesn't matter what size your tent is and its around £7 a night usually, go when you like and leave when you like.

You will need a toilet tent at most of them but there is water and waste dumping at all of them.

Well worth joining the club just to do these Rallies, we have spent the past 3 weekends on different ones, don't think you have to join in anything and there will be other children there for them to play with as well as the beach, literally a stones throw away. An easy walk along the beach into Bridlington and you can catch the bus from the edge of the town right into the centre if you don't fancy too longer walk.

If you need more info just let me know,

Mandy

Hi,

Don't think this would be a problem but there will be a number to ring on the holiday site section, it is with Leeds DA at Fraisthorpe and it is a huge field so I doubt they would turn you away as long as you where paying for 3 pitches all in your name.

Try ringing I think you would be suprised, if you need the number I can go and find it for you.

Mandy

Archived