gas regulator

stan2315

on a trip to france recently my wife started to cook our supper but alas no gas so i changed bottles over still no gas, after 3 weeks without, we arrived home not hungry as there are lots of great restaurant in france but still no gas it turned out to be the regulator, has anyone experienced this.

Guest starspirit

Do a search on the Motorhome forum Stan and you will find plenty of discussion as it's very common occurrence - so much so that some folk even carry a spare regulator - just in case.

It's called progress - EU style!

• 1 year later...
The new regulator seems to give a lot of trouble, it gunges up apparently. I have reverted to the old fashion way of regulaters IE I removed the regulater and change over valve from my van , right back to the copper tube and then fitted a fitting to the copper tube which has a rubber hose fitting as part of it, a short length of rubber gas hose attaches to this ,then a metal Brass Y piece fixed with a jubilee clip, a length of rubber gas hose from each tail of this to two regulaters , [jubilee clips again ] which you can buy at any camping shop ,these go direct to the gas bottles and hey presto no more problems,One bottle is always turned off at the valve and can easily be turned on when the bottle in use empties. Another plus with this system is that when in France or Spain etc one can obtain a gas bottle of the country with the relevant regulater and use foreign gas in this way.You can also have Propane or Butane bottles on this system *-)

Not everyone turns off their gas while in transit, gas valves are now so designed that should you be in an accident and the rubber hose is torn off the sudden escape of gas triggers a safety shut off device within the regulator, if for example you are changing a bottle it takes a few minutes for the regulator to reset itself, butane gas on my van.

Archived