help to put up an argos" sovereign" tent please

Guest davidryan

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. I found this post searching for help in putting up this type of tent. Are you able to help me with instructions too please? Thanks.

yes ... it is actually incredibly easy but the instructions are absolutely pants. i'm off to the lakes tomorrow to put mine to the test but we did eventually get it up in a practice run ... basically you need to know the order for the poles ... would be easier to draw! just trying to work out how to explain. Basically you need to spread the blue outer tent out and then the 4 longer brown poles go in each corner of the criss cross bit. (the tall bit you can stand up in. Then the 2 shorter brown poles form the cross in the middle of these 4 corner poles, held together with the 4 little silver joining pieces. Then you get the 2 long black poles. These form the frame for the sleeping bit. The longer one makes the arch nearer the criss cross bit, the shorter one makes the next arch at the end of the tent. When you have all the poles in place you pull the end of each to the silver ring of the black straps and tuck the little silver kind of tent peg into the pole. This means it will all stand freely even without the guy ropes in. Next you need to get the bedroom bit - with the black ground sheet and white walls. Matchthe window of this up to the window on the outer tent and fasten the togles and hoops together to fix it into place inside the blue tent. Next you put the other ground sheet down in the tent entrance part. Then pull out the guy ropes and fasten them in. You have to slide the string thro the orange plastic clip so that it becomes adjustable. Not easy to explain this by writing but i can always send you a pic if you want! In fact if any of this isnt clear i could take photos as we put ours up tomorrow and email them to you. It is lovely once it's up ... just that the instructions are absolutely pants! Let me know if you need more help or if it works! Shan

• 2 weeks later...
great! hope you have fun in it ... we just had a week in the lakes and one night was really stormy and windy but the tent (and us!) survived.

• 6 years later...
Guest pelmetman
I hope they don't usually take 7 years to put up 8-)......................I thought the hour for my drive away was bad enough :D :D Sorry I couldn't resist it :$..................but I have doubts whether any of the original posters are around :-S

Archived