Walking in Northants/Bucks

Lizzy

We are surrounded by walks in this area of the Midlands. Easy strolls across fields or through the woodlands; further afield we have Pitsford Reservoir - 7 miles round, flat walking, takes about 3-4 hours, plenty to see. We also enjoy Dunstable Downs, Ivinghoe Beacon [on the edge of the Ridgeway], Heath and Reach woodland, walks round Willen Lake and other M Keynes parks. Northants has begun 'healthy walks' where like-minded people can join up and go for 2-3 hour walk, they are currently looking for leaders. Anyone interested? There are good walks along canal paths too, again with plenty to see and people to meet, usually with a Pub or several along the way ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Hubby and I are caring for a friend's dog whilst she is on holiday so had to go out and about this morning. We both need to trim up anyway and having a dog for a few weeks means we are walking further and for longer :-D Does the dog good too! We went to Sywell this morning, dog hasn't been there before and loved it! He's helping hubby build a chicken shed now ;-) - another walk before tea and we'll all sleep well tonight (!)

• 10 months later...
Guest Wrinkly
All boots hung up then. Me, new knee and now new pacemaker are getting out whenever we can. Weedon to Gayton Marina, this weekend. I'm planning to be more spontaneous

• 3 weeks later...

Archived