Steve928

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Steve928 last won the day on March 16

Steve928 had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Steve928's Achievements

Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• Reacting Well Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. That reminds me, I must order a new one following a windscreen replacement.
  2. An AsdaMobile (on Vodafone's net in the UK) pay as you go SIM is a good travel back up. You're supposed to top it up and make a call or text every 6 months to keep it active but I've gone longer than this several times and it keeps going and I've never lost any credit from my a/c. Call/text rates are the same in the UK or EU+ roaming and are fine as a little/never used backup. A 'bundle' lasting a month can be added while abroad if needs be; this adds the chosen amount of data plus unlimited calls + text for its duration. I've done this several times just to get some more data while travelling.
  3. Of course I wouldn't recommend this is what you do as Emovis' T&Cs are clear, but if you order a tag from them it's not linked to a particular vehicle and if the vehicle you subsequently happen to use it in would be normally be accepted by the autoroute companies as Class 2 (as 'standard' Camping Cars are and have been historically by pressing the button and declaring "Camping Car SVP") then nobody seems the least bit bothered. We've been charged automatically as Class 2 at a similar weight to yours for the past 4 years now (as have many others).
  4. Do you have an existing tag and is it only your MAM that's taking you into Class 3?
  5. Mine seems fine. I just went into Settings, pressed Full Sync and it's doing the usual full download of sites, reviews etc.
  6. I see that Peugeot are still recommending 2.9L for the same gearbox, in fact 2.9L + 0.3L max. in the workshop manual. Total (PSA's oil partner obviously) state 2.9L/3.2L with the clarification '3.2L after rebuild, 2.9L refill' suggesting that 0.3L doesn't drain (stuck to the internals presumably). I suppose that attached to the PUMA 2.2 or BlueHDi DW10/12 the gearbox may sit at a different angle to when attached to an FPT2.3 - perhaps that explains the difference.
  7. Out of interest "onecal", how does one contact Fiat Technical Information Services? Google doesn't seem to recognize the name and the closest match I can find (Stellantis/Mopar's Technical Help Desk) is a subscription service, amongst other usage restrictions. TIA.
  8. Looking at the data sheets for Matryx and Geartech they are well nigh indistinguishable in viscosity terms. Experya, if Fiat's first/factory fill oil, would appear to be at the thinner end of those in discussion. But if an MLGU6 leaves the factory in a PSA-badged vehicle then it would seem that its first fill would be Totale Traxium Gear 8, which sits somewhere between Experya and Matryx/Geartech. I used Traxium when I changed my Boxer's MLGU6 oil a few years back. I recall using Tutela ZC Synth 75w-85 in a previous van's MLGU - perhaps that was on offer at the time.. My own view is that's it's really not that critical (unlike engine oils) and any of the above do the job as long as they perform OK (gear shifting etc.) in the conditions in which you use the vehicle. And then of course there is the oft-discussed topic of whether the refill quantity should be 2.7 litres because 200ml doesn't drain from the box - I'm not sure that has ever been resolved, or ever will be. I opt for putting back the same quantity that I get out, in the belief (perhaps over-optimistic) that Sevel will have filled it correctly in the first instance.
  9. The manual for my 2018 150 (M40 box) states Transmission Experya 75W. I changed to Tutela Matryx 75w85 at 15k miles as we had a very slight but annoying 6th gear meshing whine in a very limited speed range (55-62ish) when very hot and only noticeable on smooth European roads. I couldn't even demonstrate the noise to Fiat Pro in the UK as it was never warm enough and it would have been inaudible over UK road rumble anyway. The higher viscosity at higher temps. of the Matryx has sorted it out nicely with no ill effects. Plus it's a nice bright red colour!
  10. There's so much more to oil being 'correct' than just the SAE grade. For example, put the latest VW508/9 specification C5/C6 oil into the previous generation (still Euro6 and very modern) engine requiring VW507 C3 oil and you can expect metal-to-metal contact to occur; engines are built to specific HTHS dynamic viscosity requirements and at the lower 2.6 centipoise film strength the 508/9 oil will damage an engine designed for 3.5 centipoise.
  11. I suspect that it might have something to do with the volume of fuel that the pump delivers. Above 15 degrees is critical to prevent cavitation/airlocks/whatever, I think we all agree. Perhaps the pumps only deliver their rated output at up to 35 degrees and above that angle the dose either increases or decreases (I could imagine that it might decrease slightly at steeper angles) and you've chanced upon the perfect angle and hence dose for your installation given perhaps a less precise output from a cheap pump. One of my 2Kw installations is very smoky (white) upon startup and runs a bit rough unless I switch in the altitude setting to decrease fuel input; basically it's over-fuelling - so perhaps I'll try the vertical pump on this to see if anything changes. Of course this could be bench-tested too just measuring the pump output at increasing angles. One day perhaps..
  12. Just put my vehicle into Selenia's own product selector and their recommendation is to use Digitek Pure Energy which doesn't carry Fiat's 955535-DS1 approval, so isn't approved by Fiat for my engine. Something for their research centre to look into perhaps..
  13. I guess that could well be the reason. Were it purely a matter of cost then that might be prohibitive for the smaller companies but I'd expect at least a few of the major manufacturers to have stumped up in order to gain sales. Ah well, plenty of 'meets the requirement' lubes to choose from.
  14. Yes there's no shortage of oils whose manufacturer states 'meet the specification', just none other than Selenia that have Fiat approval. I'm just wondering what the obstacle is to oil manufacturers gaining approval from Fiat, as they do in droves for other car manufacturers' specs. The Fuchs oil I use has Peugeot approval for example but something stopped them gaining Fiat approval too despite it meeting their specs. Must just come down to money I guess..