Mentor (12/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. thanks all, I will take it that the answer is no regards Jonathan
  2. Hello all, thanks for the replies, sorry for it to be a bit "vague" my friend has no mechanical knowledge at all and details are sparse, He had just had a cambelt change and full service prior to his trip at an independent garage, so yes less than 1000 miles, when the van got back to the garage they confirmed (I presume through analysis) that the wrong oil was used, the engine was a total write off! it cost 13K to get a new engine and put it in, now this is where it gets a bit muddled the garage paid half only and he paid the other half, the garage said that he must have put some extra wrong oil in! now if that was me they would be footing the whole bill, but him and his wife are in their late 70's and the wife is disabled, I think they were just so grateful to get the van back that they couldn't be bothered to see it out, I do not know what oil was put in at the service (assume they know which is the correct oil) he denies putting anything in it, he also says they were no warning signs on the dash it just blew up with a bang! and crunching (his words) I am not really one for saying this but he is a bit dithery. he is glad to be back on the road and the incident is now in the past and they don't dwell on it, but this got me thinking (hence the question) and why did the garage only pay half (in doing so admitted responsibility) I didn't want to push him on that bit because I didn't want to embarrass him with questioning! hope that's a bit clearer or the real question would be if the garage was to put 10w 40 in by mistake would this cause damage! I presume the engine would heat up and seize I have no knowledge on this hence the question the other bits of info are just that info Jonathan
  3. you won't need paperwork I swapped one last week Jonathan
  4. if you google motorhome graphics uk loads of firms come up or https://www.motique.co.uk/ Jonathan
  5. don't know why we bother! it's probably because it's posted on a load of forums and he/she has forgot about us! 😁
  6. Just as a bit of an aside, my mate, has just left Spain (on the santander ferry) 44 days over the 90, the Spanish customs just stamped the passport and waved him through! he has been home 2 weeks now and not heard anything yet, I think though if that had been in France (calais) it might have been different jonathan
  7. doesn;t help but i will not buy anything without a dipstick that includes an EV lol
  8. we went 2019 sept and oct, we did a mixture of wild and campsites, as you say out of the way, we had no bother, and did not book anything and always found space in campsites, we went clockwise west first to east as long as you know the rules on single track roads we had no bother on that either, those months were definately quieter, I think they have now put a restriction on the applecross pass (pass of cows) but I'm not sure what (you will have to google that one) if you are on LPG (refillables the last fill is ullapool) none after that till dornoch but check that as well, we took a spare bottle and back fed it through the external BBQ point. have a good trip and look on overnight spots on search for sites web page or app we found it invaluable Jonathan ps after covid though it might be rammed, but don't believe all you hear, we went orkney shetland may and june 2022 everyone said it was packed ....IT WASN'T lol😃
  9. I have a chart for lithium hope it helps its attached Jonathan
  10. for what it's worth arthur49 the soc is like that because your batteries haven't paired up yet it will take at least 50 cycles B-) Jonathan
  11. you won't be disappointed, only thing is when they get to 10% they drop off a cliff, and the bms cuts them off Jonathan