Sydney1

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Sydney1's Achievements

Community Regular

Community Regular (8/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Just another angle you might want to consider. The insurance companies will typically want you to reduce the risk to them by insisting you use a Sold Secure lock. I'd suggest you should be using one of these anyway when out and about. I have the highly regarded Litelock X1 which is extremely resistant to attack by angle grinders. Another good one is the Hiplok. Both were initially developed for motorbikes.Once you are using one of these I recon the change of theft is massively reduced as most thefts in the know and armed with said angle grinder will just look elsewhere. I also maximise my use of the X1 by using it on the motorhome as another physical deterrant when not on the bikes. I therefore don't insure mine and taken the view the savings in the premiums have paid for the lock. Not for everyone but logic works for me.
  2. Not the same vehicle but this guy has made some nice well thought through upgrades that might help https://www.youtube.com/@LeisureBit/playlists See you over on FB 🙂
  3. Appreciating the specific request from the OP (this is more for the benefit of others in the future), having recently upgraded to a new A class, I wanted a Sat Nav that I could input vehicle dimensions in so that it could route me accordingly. I didn't really want another piece of tech so started researching Apps. However, I then came across this which had a number of favourable reviews on Youtube https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QV77MMH?psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_ct_E0VZ9WKQ4HD800FY23H6 Using the Amazon link in this link https://www.ohrex.com/gb/7-inch-sat-navs/13-169-sat-nav-n76.html and using the promo code MIKE10 (from one of the Youtuber reviews), I got 10% off. May or may not still work. I've been very impressed
  4. We use Park4Night, SearchforSites and Britstops. Dropping Britstops as they plan to go all digital and there are a number of free Facebook groups with the same and more info
  5. That is the company I was direct to when considering a DIY install of type approved components. Be interested to hear how the install goes. Does seem to be pretty straightforward
  6. I think carrying a just a spare tyre is a good compromise rather than carrying a spare wheel and tyre. Unless you are really going off grid and prepared to do the swap yourself, you are generally not going to be too far from being able to get someone able to put a new tyre on in the event of a puncture.I'm not comfortable relying on a basic repair kit which are only good enough for the most simple of punctures
  7. I'd say you have 3 main options; i) Hot spot off an existing phone, I started with this open ii) Use a mifi like the Huawai 5577 which I progressed onto iii) Dedicated router like the Teltonikas which I now have with an external antenna Either way you need a SIM with a decent connection. I believe EE are generally viewed as having the best coverage overall and my experience backs that up. We move data around various family owned SIM's to suit demand. Each have their own pros and cons but this Youtuber has some useful guides https://www.youtube.com/@ExploreVanUK/videos
  8. There are a number of companies that repair pcb's etc that might be worth trying
  9. I sold my last motorhome in Dec 21 after placing an order for a new one in Oct 21 with an expected delivery date of March 22. Then the world went a bit mad and we are now expecting it July so been without a motorhome for a while (fortunately we also have a classic TW camper which has been pressed into service). However, I was worried about the market topping out back then and then falling quite hard impacting on the amount I was willing to spend upgrading. I was clearly wrong but the longer the boom goes on the bigger the fall. There is still plenty of pain to come with regards to disposable incomes, interest rates etc (interesting to see how many slightly used motorhomes there are now available at Dealers) so you might want to think about getting a valuation after you are through the peak of your usage this summer and then see what offer you get from your supplying dealer? I got a good price for our last motorhome from 4 Front down the M23. They purchase from all over the country and used only so always need stock.
  10. Try SES Water in Redhill who maintain their own fleet of vehicles? They did all our MOT's and servicing. There is a railway station in town to get you home and back to collect
  11. Seems well engineered so thought worth sharing