Veteran

Veteran (13/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. Recent post How to Get a Pet Passport I obtained an EU Pet Passport for my dog during a six-month stay in Paris. At first, I was worried that not having EU citizenship or permanent resident status would disqualify me from applying. I found out this was not true. It was an easy exercise and completed in a 30-minute visit to a veterinarian clinic. The cost was 70 Euros, and when compared to what I spent for Danny’s Annex IV ($150 USD all in), very reasonable. The steps to obtaining a pet passport are simple. The first is to make an appointment with an official EU veterinarian (nearly all practicing vets in Europe are “official”). A quick Google search for English-speaking vets led me to Dr. Pierre Metivet in Paris. When making the appointment, tell the office staff the purpose is to obtain an EU Pet Passport. You will need to bring the following items when meeting with the veterinarian: Annex IV form completed by your home vet and endorsed by your country’s official veterinary regulatory body (USDA in the United States), Your pet’s current rabies certificate or rabies titre test results no less than 21 days old Microchip information, date of implantation, chip number and issuing company information (this info is also on the Annex IV) At the Vet Appointment At the appointment, the attending veterinarian or staff will take your pet’s vital signs, scan for a microchip and address any health concerns or questions you have. The veterinarian will perform a basic health exam on your pet, review your paperwork and fill out the passport book. If you plan to travel to the UK, Ireland, Malta, Finland or Norway during your Europe stay, be sure to ask the veterinarian about additional entry requirements for these countries. Each requires a tapeworm treatment to be given within 1 to 5 days before arrival. Your EU vet can advise you on the appropriate timing of the medication dose.
  2. An interesting point, if you get your pets a French passport, or any eu country, will it still be valid for travel next year? https://wheelingit.us/2018/09/01/pet-passports-registering-pets-in-france/
  3. Passports don't need to be stamped to prove entry/exit. Once you use a card, telephone or computer your location is recorded and your stay can be calculated. My phone welcomes me to any country I enter, and when I buy fuel it responds to me in English Big brother is watching you!
  4. ......but negotiations on these matters have not yet started. Negotiating positions are being set out, with the UK seemingly wanting "third country" status, but nothing is settled for Jan. 1st. Just back from Switzerland, with a queue of lorries at the border with France.
  5. When I couldn't find the towing eye I suggested they winched the moho up backwards using the towbar, but was met with a shake of the head. Apparently not possible, but no explanation why.
  6. I was towed out of the mud at the Goodwood Revival in September, but I had put the towing eye in the front door pocket after my previous experience. (I had a Scimitar in the late 70's. Great for touring down to the south of France to Canvas Holidays sites where it caused quite a stir, the French had never seen one)
  7. When I couldn't find my towing eye, the breakdown team tied the cable on the front suspension. I made sure I knew where it was after that!
  8. Probably obvious, but I spoke to the window cleaner and he said he could clean the Moho no problem, they have long brushes and all the equipment to do the roof. So I don't have to risk climbing up, or pay someone to jet wash it with all the risks entailed.