Cattwg

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Cattwg's Achievements

Experienced

Experienced (11/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • Conversation Starter
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. I take your point Jeremy but of course the ship's staff log all passengers off an on the ship. 😀 So the answer would seem to be yes cruises do count against the 90/180 rule. However, their three months in any six-month period is inaccurate. 3 months could easily be over 90 days. John 😀
  2. We have recently returned from a 7-day cruise Southampton to various EU cities. Interestingly our passports were not stamped neither entering or leaving the Schengen Area. It would appear that cruise passengers are exempted from having their passports stamped. The only reasons I can think of why this is the case: At each port passengers are checked off and back onto the cruise ship. Passengers do not stay overnight at any Schengen Area city. I did ask the boarding staff but they were very ambivalent and as to why cruises were exempt this requirement. Cattwg 😀
  3. I commend your positivity John. I try to learn something new every day. Trouble is the more I learn the more I realise how much I don’t know. Cattwg ☺️
  4. Yes. I took my wife off our motorhome insurance several years ago. She would be so nervous driving it, especially on the Continent that it would simply be unsafe. Cattwg 🙂
  5. When in France earlier this year I successfully taxed our motorhome by phone. You need the V5 number. https://www.gov.uk/tax-vehicle-without-v11-reminder Cattwg 🙂
  6. https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/ks-energy-battery-recall-urgent.289415/
  7. We’ve just returned from 6 weeks in France. I didn’t noticed any covoiturage road signs but did see designated covoiturage parking areas in a couple of small towns – can’t remember where. These are signs I’ve not seen before in France. Cattwg
  8. Thank you Natalie. From this information, it would seem that it is not wise to play the Good Samaritan and offer to jump start someone with a flat battery – despite what your instincts may be. Many years ago I used the leisure to get out of a flat battery situation. I paralleled the batteries using jump leads. This was in the days before computer controlled engines. The ruse got me home with no apparent long term effects to either battery. However, from what has been discussed so far it would seem that this ‘solution’ may not be wise with today’s modern vehicles? Cattwg :-D
  9. This would seem a similar and reasonable scenario when two vehicles are involved. as the ‘good’ vehicle's alternator is in effect being used to charge the duff battery. From past experience (admittedly with cars) it would only take about 15 minutes to put enough juice into the duff battery to allow the good vehicle to be disconnected and for the now partially charged battery to start its own vehicle. But this poses two questions. Would connecting the good vehicle’s alternator to a duff battery pull so much current as to destroy that battery? And the original question once the problematic vehicle is started will its own alternator destroy the battery? You really have posed an interesting question HymerVan. :-D One for the experts, me thinks! Cattwg :-D