Charles

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Charles's Achievements

Proficient

Proficient (10/14)

• Reacting Well Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. We were about to set off for Spain on Monday, got in the van and switched the AC on... Nothing. I connected my gauges, the compressor was running and back pressure was steady at 30psi, but condenser fans not running. Turned out it had just lost enough gas to stop working. I just kept putting bits of gas in until the condenser fans ran continuously (I rememberd they used to run continuously) If there's a click from under the bonnet when you press the AC button (with engine running) that's the clutch bringing the compressor in, so it might just need a gas top up, I think halfords sell it. PS if you're doing it yourself, don't put too much gas in thinking it will work even better. Too much refrigerant in the system is REALLY bad for the compressor.
  2. Well my luck has run out, I got this text from 3 the other day. "Hello. Feel At Home is for UK customers going abroad for short trips. As you have used Feel At Home exclusively for 2 or more complete months in the last 12, we will switch off your roaming services in the next 48 hours. You won't be able to use your device abroad but will still be able to do so in the UK: See http://three.co.uk/FAH_use" So they're forcing me to leave them, think I'll look at plusnet broadband and get the mobile phone through them. Hope they'll do me proud. :)
  3. 4 months and 10 days in France and Spain and Three 'Feel at home' is still working. :-) I just get the odd text off them telling me welcome to France and the prices for calling etc. For the last month I've managed on the freeby 150mb you get every time you put £5 on... that's not supposed to work abroad, but it does tee hee.
  4. We were away for April and May, and then again from the 3rd of September until now (20th October) and Three 'feel at home' is still working as normal. we're going home mid November.