Proficient

Proficient (10/14)

• Reacting Well Rare
  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. Perhaps not of interest to the OP but Nationwide's cover has no limit on the age of the vehicle. Two of my cars are 50 and 70 years old and both are covered without any additional premium.
  2. The only check I can still remember - albeit an acronym rather than a lsit - is HASEL, though I don't suppose there are many instances where that would be of any use in a motorhome.
  3. The Sargent control unit on my van shows the same. Knowing very little about these things, I've always assumed it to be a sort of standby draw by the unit and other appliances connected through it. Having read a couple of years back that these units are not accurate at the lower end of the range I checked with a multimeter and found that what was showing as 0.6 was, in fact, 0.2.
  4. We all have a right to complain about poor service, and I have said nothing to the contrary. In my view, however, complaints are best made in a constructive manner, focussing on facts and those issues the provider is responsible for or may be able to change. Some may believe leaving "heavily negative feedback" over an issue that is not the fault of the provider but of selfish and ignorant customers is constructive, I don't. That aside, a system listing vacant spaces is of limited use anyway. If you are close to the site you might just as well drive there and have a look, if not there's every chance they will have been filled by the time you get there.
  5. "And in the absence of a response or solution I would have left a heavily negative feedback." I'm not sure quite what is meant by "heavily negative", but why not simply leave constructive feedback highlighting the fact that the system is fallible as it cannot account for careless or selfish users? I'm sure other users would find that more helpful.
  6. The key point lacking here is how near in the future the friends were due to arrive. If the same day, the pitch would be paid for and it doesn't seem unreasonable that the two groups would want to pitch together.