steve hill

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

steve hill's Achievements

Enthusiast

Enthusiast (6/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Ok, the problem is bound to be its old. Green lights are a waste of time so ignore it, your "fully charged" 12.4V is also wrong, it would be about 12.6V. Each year your battery will get worse, I say about 5-10%, I have tested this on many lead acid battery types in the past (not lithium). IF it is 6 years it is good,lots of leisure batterries are only guaranteed for 2-3 years, most people are unaware that the battery is getting worse as they do not load test them(not that difficult), when you "full time" they become very important so I always tested against the same realistic load once a year, it pays off. Hope thats useful
  2. Wow our i7 laptops use 2A and the TV is 3A and of course are not on more than 10 hours a day so with solar or driving topping us up we never flatten the battery. Answer is go somewhere sunny to work as the solar will easily keep you charged, or retire he he!
  3. As a Varta 95ah is only about £150 and about 26kg and guaranteed for 2 years, I am afraid I don't see the advantage or requirement of paying over 3 times the price, never mind the supposed "32KG" weight gain? With solar and B2B we manage to run Laptops, phones ,Tv etc and don't use hook ups and free camp for months often. Get more solar if you need it, it will last 20 years...