Albertslad

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Albertslad's Achievements

Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. Well I suppose it’s more friendly to people who are colourblind
  2. It’s that time again, and getting used to shopping around. That said, having been with caravan and motorhomes club for maybe 12 years I’m disappointed, in more than one respect. I was 75 in October but shocked to receive a quote with a 70% increase, so I wonder what companies or brokers you are all using? Recommendations would be good (maybe I’ll SORN it for a couple of months, not sure yet) regards Albertslad
  3. That’s a substantial part of the network isn’t it ? What are the chances of France doing similar I wonder? or maybe there’s already an equivalent map? A
  4. I left this forum a couple of times in the past; it wasn’t the politics; I enjoy aspects of that; it was the tone of much of the “B$e@i&” bile
  5. Please! I miraculously get my account back today and thought I’d respond to Tracker’s thread. l think I’m losing motivation for long trips. I love the destinations and the prospect of being there, but the journey appeals less. So much more is outside my/our control, and we do campsites, not very interested in wilding or aires, so it was never spontaneity that appealed. More a case of 6 weeks vanning or 1-2 weeks in budget hotels. Good luck, and mind how you go.😉
  6. Are “dashcam” systems part of the standard tech package? Should they be, and should there be choice? I no longer aspire to own a brand new vehicle, and Luddite though I may be, I have no more desire to “own” an “e-v” than a similar desire to own an electric sewing machine. So my preferences are of little interest to the motor industry or government. Out of warranty ownership of and servicing of used vehicles looks pretty dodgy some time reasonably soon; but lease arrangements are making ownership less usual than in my lifetime. The romance of the automobile did little for the climate, so maybe that will be ok, and virtual ownership and gratification may be good enough and acceptable to the wider community. I somehow think that personal freedoms and experiences are going to be much curtailed. Thanks for the heads up Brian, don’t forget to buckle up. Albertslad
  7. Are these systems being “normalised” as part of the rush towards driverless vehicles? Albertslad
  8. Perhaps these systems should have a camera on the driver. And I’m intrigued to know the make of car Brian? Albertslad
  9. The last time I drove ”through” Rouen was in 2011, and I vowed never to do it again. Is there a very good reason to do it? Are alternative routes much longer? Albertslad
  10. Hi, We are heading for Northumberland Coast next week, looking for colourful harbours, coastal attractions and the like. Any last minute suggestions will be appreciated. Interpret colourful as you wish, but photographic or painterly would be nearest the mark. as an aside, we have felt obliged to book campsites in uk trips, whereas over the channel or North Sea we would just turn up. I suppose availability of Aires helped in that regard. Hoping weather is better than today🥴 regards
  11. Building, or indeed bespoke campervan services, like gas, electric and water (latterly maybe wi-fi) always have caused me some discomfort when applying tools, but the comments and assistance provided is much appreciated. It sounds as if the converters connection is at the base of the B-pillar. Quite where I look to replace a fuse, or pass the problem on to a professional is another matter. I’ll have a think thanks again Alb’slad
  12. I have a bespoke pvc, on a 2008 Ducato. For only the second time in 11 years, when the ignition has been switched on, the step has failed to automatically retract. I was not provided with a wiring diagram, probably the most annoying omission. I believe that the step and fridge are connected to the van wiring in the drivers side door cill. I think it is likely that most vans make new connections in this area. Is it likely that the fuse box in the driving side lower fascia has a fuse for it, along with the other fuses? regards Albertslad
  13. Hello Fred, sorry to hear of your problem. Bearing in mind the age of the fridge, I’d not expect much from the previous owner, or from the dealer you bought from. I suppose either party could have removed the aged and faulty item. Instead, I’d look for a replacement fridge that has recommendations regarding non-level tolerance, or I’d look for a non-gas fridge. And Thetford wouldn’t figure. Could be you’ve saved yourself the consequences of doing a straight replacement, and something like £7-800. regards Albertslad
  14. Hi Daniel; I think it would be helpful if you say what make and model your van is. Not all vans are equal I would suggest Albertslad
  15. Well, there you go. I have a Ring inflator that I would use for “the van” on the drive, and no doubt cursing the excessive loss of air, as Derek mentions. I also have a “Honda” inflator that I refuse to leave the engine running for duration of inflation. Not one tyre, but a check of all four, probably 30 mins by the time I’ve crawled in and out several times. Thanks Brian, but another piece of kit with limited uses will not enter my garage. Should have kept the “spare” battery. I’ll find a cheap one to put on my sack trolley/barrow, and keep it charged when I’m in the “garage” rearranging the deckchairs. thanks for the stimulation, stay safe Alb’s lad