trialsrider

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

trialsrider's Achievements

Rising Star

Rising Star (9/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Hi there. The water heater is mainly for showers so I need a high litre heater. I did look at the elgena nautic therm which had a 20 litre model, 12v and 240v combined elements. However I didn't like the strap fixing method these heaters use and they had a 12 week lead time. Oddly too for a German company their customer service communication was poor. So I plumped for the truma.
  2. Thanks for all your responses. I will put that idea to bed then.
  3. As mentioned earlier on previous posts I'm fitting an 850w truma electro boiler to add hot water to my van. As everytime we go away we use hook up but I was wondering about the rare chance I may get to wild camp without family and without hook up. I realise you would need immense battery power to invert 12v DC to AC to heat 850w. But what about with engine running? If the inverter was only for the water heater to plug into and nothing else, could my DC set up power it. Would appreciate if someone with inverter knowledge could tell me if it's possible. I have a 100ah leisure battery, 160w solar and a 30amp split charge. The water heater would have to run for 60 minutes for water to go from 15 degrees to 70. Could an inverter be used to achieve this with engine running and if so what size and type ? And before anybody suggests why don't I go down the gas route it is because of heater location, ease of installation and unlikelyness of not being on hook up. The inverter option is just a consideration.