Mikeandthewife

Members
  • Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Mikeandthewife's Achievements

Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. Thanks for everyone's response, I think his plan is now fixed on changing the engine in France👍
  2. They calculate the overall cost against the value of the van and they must be factoring in the cost of an engine replacement as well as the transport costs. Engine replacement in France is over €12,000 and I think he's already found an engine match here (UK) at £800, which he can fit.
  3. Hi malc d Yes, your right on both points, it's been quite stressful for them and it appears, fixing it in France, is going to be the cheapest option, transport costs are so expensive.
  4. Thanks Colin, will look at these options/ideas
  5. Hi A family member had their holiday cut short with serious engine problems in France. The van is in a compound on the outskirts of Nantes and they are now back home in Humberside in the UK. The RAC have been in touch with them today and won't transport the van back to the UK, they are obviously devastated. I'm after some advice on their behalf, it's not about the engine problem, he is more than capable of replacing the engine and is already on the case with that. Does anyone have personal knowledge of a decent, reasonable priced transport company, he enquired locally and was quoted £2700, which is beyond what the can afford, it's a stab in the dark, so to speak, but thought I'd ask on here for advice, thanks
  6. Fantastic, it's great, when you spend your hard earned money on something and actually feel additional benefits of it. I'm away for a couple of months, but I want to get mine sorted as soon as I'm able, I'm in the process of researching my best options for installers.
  7. Hi hja Thanks for sharing your info, I'm getting more of a feel for the costs involved now, what you paid doesn't appear a bad price actually, i thought prices was going to be a lot more, especially with a 230ah Lithium, I guess that will power quite a bit more than your average lights, fridge etc.
  8. Hi Colin, are you also referring to Oaktree, or do you mean VanBitz/RoadPro
  9. Hi hja, thanks for replying, yes i need to discuss with experts, I've looked at just the batteries online and the prices are all over the place, and the makes are unknown to me also. However, I've now had two replys to my post, both recommending the brand ecotree, so that's a good start, if you don't mind me asking, roughly what sort of price will I be looking at, for the full installation, presuming I went with a single battery set up, as you have.
  10. Thanks Spyder, that would be closer, are Ecotree systems good then, I have no idea what makes are good, what isn't.
  11. Hi I've been thinking about having Lithium leisure batteries installed in our Hymer, we are currently on holiday and return to the UK at the beginning of July and was hoping to drop in somewhere, whilst on route home, from Folkestone to East Riding of Yorkshire, I appreciate this may not be possible, because decent installers will probably be booked up anyway, but there's no harm in trying. I've been searching and seen a couple, VanBitz and RoadPro, if I had to arrange the fitting at a later date, VanBitz would be a 9 hour round trip, so quite a distance. Does anyone have any information on these installers with regards, best choice, for quality/price, etc, thanks in advance.
  12. This will probably be a fiat dealership part and probably expensive. However, if you go into your nearest fiat dealership get a price and more important a part number, you are then armed with enough info to search the internet for cheaper deal, I wouldn't rule out breakers yards either Mikey