teccer1234

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

teccer1234 last won the day on August 26 2023

teccer1234 had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

teccer1234's Achievements

Community Regular

Community Regular (8/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. as if I would show customs a police ticket, I honestly believe customs will not bother checking all small details especially after my questioning customs officer last year , he didn't know anything about it.
  2. it's gunna be easier to register in spain then for the 6 months
  3. so dated accommodation receipts, none, as free camping in motorhome. always take cash to use. no card payments. so what then? last year I brought this question up with the customs guy at Calais and he didn't have an answer, so I don't think they are bothered.
  4. My wife has an irish passport so that covers me as well (uk passport) that enables us to spend over 90 days in europe but only 3 months in any country without registering , for example 3 months in france and 3 months in spain, so I enter france via tunnel drive down through france in 3 days then into spain moving around in my motorhome for the rest of the time, how will they know at calais customs how long I've spent in each country as being in the motorhome moving around all over spain ???, surely they will not try to check cctv at the french/spanish border.
  5. Years ago on my hymer 544 my screen went in Spain i contacted Comfort who got carglass Spain (autoglass company) to fit a new screen, made a mess of it completely, leaked, rubber not meeting round the screen, damaged the decals at the side of the screen, made a chip on the bottom of the new screen, after I complained Comfort told me to wait unti I got home to get it replaced again, since then Carglass Spain have refused to do A class motorhomes so I've been told. back home Comfort got a bus company to replace it and done a good job including replacing the side decals
  6. I can hardly disguise my van 7.7 m and tag axle but for the last 13 years with this van at the tolls I've always been class 2, I recon it's because the front of the van above the front wheels it's only 2.6 m, I'm sure that's where they measure the height, now with the AM sticker on the front door area, if they bother to look they will know it's an HGV.
  7. just asking as on other forums there's reports that many don't do it, I''ve already got mine on as leaving this week. "dashboard locker" I forgot to write
  8. does everybody with +3.5t campers put the stickers on to drive through France? or just leave them in the dashboard just in case
  9. if you drive through Rouen on the eastern side of the river, the road is slightly narrow in places but easy enough even with my 4.5t, 7.7mt tag axel van, plus I found it was quicker than going through past the railway with all the traffic I did drive through the right side once through the railway sideings and all the traffic lights and vowed never to go that way again, the alternative via Yevtot does take up to 40 minutes longer. after this year I won't be allowed to go the eastern side with my crit'air 4 van but I've read about another route on the east side of Rouen that takes under 10 minutes longer but very fiddly roads, (turn here, turn there, etc) the first time I went the eastern side of the river, at home I went on street view and saw the way to go, made it a lot easier knowing where to go past the church as you enter Rouen
  10. I agree with you, I've got the copy in french as well so I'm going through next week, eastern side of the river as always, not a lot going on that way🤞
  11. I know that I'm allowed to go through Rouen this year even with a crit'air 4 but has anybody tried it this year?
  12. what we propose to do is fill up at tescos extra Trowbridge then exit 10 on M20 just before the tunnel exit, I've got a long range tank (150lts) so will get us almost to spain, we did get to spain once but driving like a feather
  13. regards popit, when I was talking to the guy about uk useage to activate it, I asked how much I should use in the uk, he said he didn't know but by downloading a couple of apps should be ok, so that's what I'll do and hopefully when I cross over it will work, he also said there will be no hidden cost or surprises unlike 02 which I have at the moment, £2.00 a day for useage in the eu