spirou

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

spirou last won the day on June 25 2023

spirou had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

spirou's Achievements

Experienced

Experienced (11/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. Comparing a gas Truma 6e previously, to a Webasto Air Top now I'd say there's no significant difference in noise levels (in or out), power draw or heating effectiveness. You do lose on water heating but that's easily solved. Also can't hear any pump clicking I often see mentioned. The only downside is that sometimes you can smell it outside if you're close and downwind of the exhaust. But that's also not too bad. No experience with Truma 6d but given the option I'd take it over the gas version.
  2. Diesel heating without any regret or doubt. So infinitely easier to drive around aimlessly when you're not tied to finding a gas refill station every week or less. It's a bit like range anxiety with BE cars, gas always runs out on a weekend/public holiday far from any refill options. But I guess it doesn't matter if you're only doing weekends and warm seasons.
  3. Green zones are quite widespread across many cities in France and from what I've seen enforcement must be very lax, hence my comment. Agree it's no big deal to get one but sometimes time pressure or other factors intervene and in such cases I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
  4. In my experience on french roads I wouldn't bother if getting it requires too much effort. Even locals mostly don't.
  5. Judging by a recent fatal accident nearby, and recalling several similar ones, where an HGV driver was apparently busy with things other than driving and missing the obvious, very visible standing traffic on the straight motorway, it does not seem to be a widespread system or it is routinely turned off.
  6. I'm thinking our peugeot 2.0 is using the worse case scenario mentioned above and it's done only about 90k km in 4 years. While in my toyota car with 360k km in 15 years there's a change of barely a few mm on the dipstick between change intervals. I wish Toyota made MH base vehicles 😁
  7. Don't need a ferry to Pag, there's a bridge. Also, not all of it is a club. Mostly limited near Zrće beach. That said, Pag is just easy to get to, plenty of other more interesting islands around.
  8. Dubrovnik hasn't been worth a visit since late 90s. Covid was a brief window into old times. Kotor was a nice(r) alternative for a while but that's also ruined by cruisers. Split...was always just a ferry transit point for me and walking around old town during the wait is something I've been skipping for at least 20 years now. Anyway, my parents just came back from Hvar, Makarska, Split etc. a few days ago and didn't mention any unusual crowds. September and October are mostly nautical high season though. If you're looking for Brits in Croatia you just need to go to Zadar airport and up to Zrće on Pag. Just doubt you'll enjoy the company of drunk party goers.
  9. As Brian says, bora/bura/burja is no joke, especially around Senj. Here's a video of a friend (in red/black jacket) and some other storm chasers at Nehaj fortress in Senj recording a max gust of 205km/h. Max I've experienced is just above 100km/h in winter and that was interesting. Since it blows towards open sea it's especially problematic for tourists on paddleboards, floating unicorns etc. I'm going to add nothing remotely similar is in the forecast next 2 weeks.
  10. The only "danger" of crossing Bosnia through Neum are the roaming charges. I got a 5€ extra on my work phone as I forgot to turn it off and received a photo on viber or something during those 10min...had to pay it back as it wasn't a work trip 😉 Absolutely nobody cares about your insurance or food. But they do somewhat care about alcohol, tobacco etc. brought into EU from Bosnia, Albania or Montenegro. Enough to ask at least.
  11. Enjoy. Some afternoon showers/storms coming in on Thursday but otherwise nice weather continues.
  12. Since only a fraction of vehicles in France bother with crit'air, and there is nobody checking this anywhere, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I was recently in south and east of France on vacation, then work, and I paid specific attention to this as I didn't have one on my company car. Some of my coworkers are in Strasbourg and Paris every few months and none of them has even heard of this sticker. No fines ever came either over past several years they've been going there regularly. The whole scheme seems more like a non issue, regulation that never actually got enforced. Seems to be nearly the same with the german equivalent. Many more cars have it though. Yet enforcement, at least on foreign vehicles, seems non existent. Unless you have the time to order them, not much of an expense really, I wouldn't bother.
  13. A thin wire will limit the current by itself. Just not sure what you're trying to gain here as the spare battery won't be much higher voltage (if at all) and with inevitable voltage drop, won't be charging for very long.
  14. Isn't a 2020 peugeot a 2.0 engine rather than 2.2? Our 2019 is at least. Anyway, noticed ours started being very oil thirsty over the last year. It's just done 6000 km over the past couple of weeks after service and had to add 2 liters. BTW Those little dots that show oil level before your turn the engine on seem to be pretty much 1 dot = 1 liter.
  15. Can you give it a test run a few days earlier? Turn on all the lights etc. for a few hours as a worst case scenario and see how long it will last. Obviously don't base your decision on voltage under load/charge, measure also after the batteries are rested about an hour or more (at night). Given you have a solar panel and it's summer it should be OK either way if you park in the sun.