mtravel

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

mtravel last won the day on October 6 2023

mtravel had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

mtravel's Achievements

Experienced

Experienced (11/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. If you mean something nationwide, no, it's not there. Some towns (e.g. Milan) have a tax for the entry of the most polluting vehicles. Others (e.g. Bologna) have areas with entry prohibited to non-residents. For each town, you should do an internet search, what you call LEZ in Italy is called ZTL (Zona a Traffico Limitato = Limited Traffic Zone). Example: Google Turin ZTL or Florence ZTL. Etcetera.
  2. I would just like to point out that perhaps Fiat trusts an oil it knows, evidently developed when Selenia was its property. Now Selenia is owned by Petronas which has one of its research centers in Turin.
  3. Webasto has been selling diesel fuelled hobs for years but I've honestly never seen one. As for Wallas, I would also think about support abroad. Easy to find a Webasto service point. Wallas?
  4. I read someone claim that Webastos are loud "like jets taking off". I do not dispute this statement but my previous Webasto Dual Top had an exhaust silencer and it never seemed particularly noisy to me. But that's another story, I don't think it's still in production. However, I can guarantee that the Truma 6D makes absolutely no noise, mine is under the bed and I would notice it. Max
  5. I just remember that the Truma D and various Webastos need to be turned on once a month (in fact I do it every six/eight weeks) for about half an hour. Turning them off as per the instructions and letting the stove finally turn off by itself (the procedure includes the "washing" phase of the combustion chamber and should not be interrupted). Max
  6. I mounted the Crossclimate only 5,000 kilometers ago and only drove 300 on wet roads. I haven't noticed any big differences but I'm of the opinion that you should drive calmly in a camper, we're on holiday and not in Silverstone. On two campers, I had the Continental Vanco Camper as original equipment, what I noticed compared to the Agilis Camping is that they last less. About forty thousand kilometers of the Vanco against 50,000+ of the Michelin Agilis Camping. Max
  7. Since 2008 I have always had the Michelin Agilis Camping CP but I think they went out of production for at least a year. In the last change I put on the Crossclimate and for now I'm fine. Max
  8. I don't think it has to be Fiat Professional, perhaps a normal Fiat service will suffice. I know that independent organizations (e.g. Midas) declare that their interventions during the period covered by the warranty are recognized by the manufacturers. Maybe. I don't think others, especially small ones, can provide the same guarantees. Since it is the first service, I would do it at an official organization (either branded or at least authorized).
  9. Well, Wheeler Dealers (both Edd China and Ant Anstead) has been doing this for years.
  10. 1. Maybe in the Webasto Air Top (or equivalent Eberspaecher), certainly not in the Truma 6D. 2. It depends on how the pump is installed, on silent blocks or not. In mine, to hear it you really have to want to hear it. 3. See points 1 and 2 above. 4. As far as I know, when operational, the power consumption of the Truma 6 (average 1.4Amps) is equivalent to that of the 6D (from 1.8 to 4Amps, mainly modulating = 1.8Amps).
  11. I can only be satisfied with diesel heating and would not go back to gas. As I said, I have had the Webasto Dual Top for thirteen years and the Truma 6DE for almost four years. With the Webasto I reached -20°C, with the Truma (for now) only at -4/-5. Some people complain about the noise, comparing it to a jet taking off but perhaps that only applies to truck heaters. The Dual Top made a bit of noise in the first few minutes when it had to reach the set temperature but it was mounted on the outside and you couldn't even hear it inside. The Truma makes exactly the same noise as the gas one, mine is under the bed and you can't even hear it. Once the set temperature is reached, both "modulate" and maintain it without problems. Diesel: Consumption is minimal, with a full tank you could last for weeks. Batteries: Except at the moment of ignition (10A for about two minutes, perhaps even less) it is equivalent to those of the gas one. With two 80Ah gel batteries and the stove turned on 24 hours, two days can easily be done, even saving a little on three. Gas and underslung tank: In some countries this could be a problem. In France Total no longer sells it and probably some other brand will join. In Italy (manned refueling only) the tank must be written on the vehicle document and at the pump refillable cylinders are prohibited. In Finland LPG does not exist. Then I don't know how many other nations have some supply problems. EHU: Both gas and diesel Truma has two powers available (900 and 1800W). The first is sufficient only when the external temperature is at least ten degrees centigrade (good for reducing consumption, either gas or fuel) The second could be too much in most campsites and rest areas. Max p.s. A large number of brands now offer the Truma 6DE as an option or, increasingly, as standard. See for example the latest version of the Hymer Grand Canyon S which does not include the gas version.
  12. DEKRA or TUV are ok. In 2020 it was 5€ at DEKRA points in Germany. 17€ DEKRA points in Italy.
  13. The price of diesel may have increased but that of gas even more. In any case, diesel consumption is so negligible (let's say two liters a day) that it certainly costs less than gas. For thirteen years I had Webasto Dual Top on the previous van. When I ordered the current one I had no doubts, Truma DE (as an option, there was the gas one as standard). Too much convenience and availability of diesel everywhere. The only precaution when using diesel heaters is that they should be turned on for half an hour once a month, maximum two. Max p.s. Truma recently introduced an updated version of the D/DE. As far as I know, the Eberspaecher heater was replaced by a proprietary one and now has the high altitude kit as standard. The new model can be recognized by the exhaust pipe: square in the first series, round and similar to the gas version in the new one.
  14. I may be wrong but I believe that a good DC-DC converter with an output voltage compatible with this technology should be placed between the alternator and the lithium battery. At this point the voltage supplied by the alternator becomes irrelevant.