Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. What a fantastic response, many thanks. That could be a photo straight from my van. Yes that is the piece of trim (red arrow) that I am trying to decide whether to have a go at. When I get the van from storage I will also have a look to see what I can ascertain from looking outside in as you suggest. I will also have a look at where I can wedge it without impeding the blinds opening and closing (if that turns out to be possible then I will just leave the job to the dealer next time I'm down that way). It really does rattle over every pothole or bump in the road and that's why I think something is loose in there. Thanks for the link to the draught excluder, nice simple idea, I'll just check what height i need and get some on order. I do not have a trip boked until 20th April so plenty of time to see what's what. I was on facebook and understand its value, however, for one reason or another (friends and family) it became more like the chatterbox section on this forum and eventually decided my life didn't need it especially as like a moth to a flame i couldn't help responding!
  2. Thanks, I think you are right, either dive in or leave for the dealer when I'm next down that way. Thanks for the facebook link, however, I am not on facebook and not planning on jopining. The Swift owners club website closed down due to inappropriate behaviour I believe so I will do a bit more digging on the web, not like we are going anywhere for at least 3 more weeks.
  3. That looks like my window, however, I now realise I have misled the forum, the problem isn't the actual window its somewhere within the blind fitting within the window space and the plastic outer trim which tidies it all up and I suspect the blind fittings are loose or broken, the first part of investigation is to remove the outer trim which I suspect prises out, however, need confirmation before I apply too much force.
  4. Thanks. Yes its the cheaper type window. As the other post says I can reduce it by placing a series of small rubber wedges around the frame its just a pain removing them at night to close the blind and it still doesn't eliminate it entirely which makes me wonder if it is fixed in correctly. Once we are free to move around if I haven't fixed it by then I'll drop it off at the dealer who are happy to look at it just that they are 140 miles away so thought I might have a go myself. Will try and identify the window manufacturer next time I go to the storage compound.
  5. The window assembly in my Ducato sliding door is making a terrible rattle. I would like to remove it and check it is seated and secured correctly. Has anyone done similar and can advise on how I remove the trim. It looks like a lot of it just prises out, however, even after taking a few deep breaths I'm still reluctant to make the first move.