Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. One I picked up on the net and it works. Refresh faded black plastic bumpers or minor scuffs in interior plastic trim with a hot air gun. I did mine a month ago and they still look tidy. Some scuffs on the dash caused by carrying planks have almost vanished. Try it out somewhere out of the eyeline and keep moving and you will see the surface freshening up. I needed the higher setting. If it starts to bubble you have probably overcooked it.
  2. For people with no hang ups A dismountable clothes line for the shower. Basically take two lengths of 15mm dia plastic water pipe and drill 2 mm holes across. Thread nylon string through the holes from one pipe to the other.. The pipe drops into hooks screwed or stuck onto the wall. The length of string is adjusted to suit the width available and knotted . Out of use the tube is rolled up in the string and stows in a small space.
  3. As long as you avoid high risk places : for instance motorway service areas on the outskirts of large towns and cities, unless your house is a fortress you are probably at no more risk of being broken into at night in your motorcaravan than you are at home. The glazing is always the weak point. The cheapest deterrent is probably a slightly hungry large dog.