weldted

Members
  • Last visited

• Days Won

weldted last won the day on March 4 2023

weldted had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

weldted's Achievements

Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Conversation Starter

Recent Badges

1. Depending on your anticipated mileage don't buy a large can as once opened it will degrade over time.
  2. Hi Derek obviously it would be better for to use your code to get the benefit but if you don’t have any luck. You are welcome to give your friends mine our renewal date is Feb 2024 if that helps. i have past mine to a couple but as yet no credit has shown up, I presume that doesn’t happen until they have crossed?
  3. It need the correct software to enable the action. My 2019 Comformatic handbook states check actuator fluid every 2 years change every 4 years.
  4. Treat it like a first date, start off slowly don’t expect too much, don’t let it labour or it will moan feed regular with oil and water if needed Make sure wheels are pumped up, nuts are tight, don’t let idle when cold and slow down gently. Best of all enjoy!!
  5. Possibly take a photo of you holding a daily newspaper with the date clearly showing with you stood at your front door with the house number in view or by a public building etc. at least that will be some evidence of you not being in the Schengen Zone. Have your ferry receipt etc. We had some fun last Wed, we sailed from Cherbourg on the 21:30 ferry /Tuesday arriving in Poole the following morning. We had arrived in France on the morning of 23 rd Feb so we had been in France for 90 days the day we left so keeping within the 90 day rules. The French passport counted the days twice and had another person check but we were correct. Phew!!
  6. If you have anyone local who does wrapping they might come up with something. It’s a crap Idea along with the idea of using lots of sticky Velcro to hold up cupboard backing, I have had to renew all of mine as well as the trims in the rear bedroom as every time I went over a bump they fell of. For so called German quality mine should never have left the factory. By the time it was delivered (brand new) to me it had an unaccounted 420 miles on it, had been involved in an accident and poorly repair and no end of problems. The cooker when installled of made at the factory had been lined up incorrectly and the tails of the gas pipes have sheared off it leaked whilst we were asleep luckily I started to be sick and woke up. All I got from Burstner was it is out of warranty tough luck. Never again
  7. Whatever tuning one might do, remember diesels like plenty of clear air, and clean fuel. Weakest point with the extra torque is the clutch. If on a motorhome that may spend a lot of time standing, check handbrake releases fully, and tyre pressures correct. All add up to efficiency.
  8. The shine is in the coating if it has faded nothing will bring it back as there is little substance to the strip, and heavy cutting will expose the backing adhesive. Same has happened to our Burstner
  9. Easy check put a jump lead from the earth terminal to a clean bolt on the engine, see if the voltage/idling changes.
  10. Tank to tank, dash reads about 5% over was about 7% over on Michelin Camping tyres now running on Mich Cross Climate. 2019 Fiat 2.3 150 on Fiat heavy chassis.
  11. alt the brake fluid which also supplies the box should be changed every 2 years as the fluid absorbs water. Easiest it to get a brake fluid tester to check. with ours. It showed a very slight moisture content but within limits and a week in the Alps seemed to have got rid of it but am still going to change it when we get home. If you have it done by a garage make sure you specify you want the gearbox part of the system changed as well not just the brakes. Other than that at 20,000 miles running at 4300 kg on the Fiat 4500kg chassis box has not missed a beat, av mpg 26.
  12. True about the elderly person, what about the American lady that drove on the wrong side of the road and killled a young man. With respect we can all find instances but whilst I agree some sort of checks etc would help prevent accidents but percentage wise its a minority. but one is one too many.
  13. I cant remember when was the last time a 70 plus failed to stop and raced off down the road at 100 mph plus but I can remember reading about quite a few youngsters doing it.
  14. Woke up the right side of the grass (74) remembered where I had left the keys found the right seat to sit in to drive, as when at home our van is in the garage at the bottom of the garden, with the rear garage door open I can see the numberplate from the house and its exactly 22 m away. We take care never to drive when tired, we can always get there tomorrow, and probably a bit more cautious all around. Whilst it is enjoyable at the moment we are never overconfident.
  15. On our 212 Boxer the aircon stopped working couple of garages could not fix it. Having a poke around I thought I would start the engine put the air con on and wiggle the relays. It was the middle one in the front row of 3, the only difference to you was our light to show it was on would light up. The light should show the clutch has power to it but if the gas is low there is another relay that stops it engaging.