• Conversation Starter
  • Week One Done
  • One Month Later
  • One Year In
  • First Post

Recent Badges

1. howie

USEFUL TIPS

Well worth getting those end bars Jan. Spring loaded and up in a second or two they stop the awning canvas from flapping about which on many occasions has got me out of bed in the early ours just to give the wife peace of mind. Never had a problem with how the shower curtains hang, but easy enough to put right if you want. Just set up the awning at its normal angle and mark the vertical line where it needs trimming. One other thing with the bars. Omnistor and Fiamma have different fittings where the ends are located so if you do get them make sure they are the right ones.
  2. howie

USEFUL TIPS

We,ve used shower curtains in place of a full safari room for a while now Jan. Rather than hang them upside down I slide them on to the end support bars of the awning, then with the windbreak in place simply clip them to the w/b poles. This covers the two sides of the awning and the front is done the same but with a old cut down windbreak that can easily be stepped over. We use plain blue curtains that match the graphics on the van and w/bs, and the beauty of this is that they are cheap, lightweight, can easily be tied back and easy to put up and down, which is ideal for us where one night stopovers are the norm. Not perfect I know, but for a outlay of less than £40, compared to £500 plus for the official version, something thats easy to live with.
  3. howie

USEFUL TIPS

Finding your van on large and poorly lit sites can sometimes be a problem, so what we use is one of those solar powered garden lights which we place on the roof through the skylight. Cheap and effective with a distinctive blue colour, never a problem finding the van but don,t forget to remove it before driving off.