Avondale land ranger 6400 - 2002 model

Holidaytime

Hi, just joined the forum.

Have just purchased this caravan and am looking to get a service done on it together with a habitation check just to be sure have not bought problems, this van was bought in my view under market value.

I am looking for mobile engineers in the Wimborne/ Shaftsbury areas, there is someone called Johns Caravans in Shaftsbury, has anyone used him, he is approved - see website.

This van appears to be well built and did go round with a damp meter but could not find any damp on this 14 yr old van, does anyone have experience of this van or has ever owned one. There does not seem to many about, so either not many were made, people are keeping them because they last or they have not lasted.

His website is http://johnscaravans.co.uk

Also does anyone know the size of propane bottle that would fit in the locker of this van, unfortunately we cannot get access until April as site is closed. We are planning to keep it on site for 2017.

Many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Holidaytime - 2016-11-22 9:51 AM

Hi, just joined the forum.

Have just purchased this caravan and am looking to get a service done on it together with a habitation check just to be sure have not bought problems, this van was bought in my view under market value.

I am looking for mobile engineers in the Wimborne/ Shaftsbury areas, there is someone called Johns Caravans in Shaftsbury, has anyone used him, he is approved - see website.

This van appears to be well built and did go round with a damp meter but could not find any damp on this 14 yr old van, does anyone have experience of this van or has ever owned one. There does not seem to many about, so either not many were made, people are keeping them because they last or they have not lasted.

His website is http://johnscaravans.co.uk

Also does anyone know the size of propane bottle that would fit in the locker of this van, unfortunately we cannot get access until April as site is closed. We are planning to keep it on site for 2017.

Many thanks.

Managed to find a 6kg propane bottle which should fit.

Archived