Connecting electrics while towing

snobbyafghan

My car has the old , 7 pin socket. My recently purchased Eriba Puck has the newer, 13 pin plug. I have an adaptor that connects the two. Should this enable all functions to operate, including internal electrics on the van (fridge etc)..? Because they don't...!

Doug

No it won't!

You only get a fridge feed from the old 7 pin 'S' socket, if you only have a 7 pin 'N' socket then it won't work.

Simplest answer, in my opinion, in that case would be to get the car re-wired with a 13 pin socket.

Keith.

Yes get a 13 pin socket. But depensding on your vehicle type it may, or may not be a DIY job. Also, do not always assume that independent trailer Cpmpanies are cheaper and better than the vehicle maker, in my case the main dealerr did the whole job correctly for less than an independent dealer wanted. Plus the computer was set correctly. However, if you feel you can do it yourself ensure you get the correct 13 core cable as some cheaper offers have low voltae cables for the fridge connection, and of course it never works correctly. It must be 2.5 mm cable for the 2 12V connections.

Archived