Discount card for French Campsites

Peggy Corps

I am looking for a card that can give you a discount at French campsites.

We were speaking to a couple at the campsite, Bord de l'Eure, in Chartres last September and they had a card which gave quite a generous discount on site fees - I think it was only 'out of season'.

We will be going down to the Camargue for a month, starting out in September, so am hoping there is something which might be of use to us.

If there is such a beast, can you let me know where you can get it and how much it costs?

Can anyone tell me about FFCC - is there a discount card available from there and do you have to apply for it in France?

We've been going to France for over 20 years would you believe but with the kids so it was always at peak times, so never really gone down this route before.

If it is like last year you will need to move quick as the supply of Acsi cards ran dry mid summer. Vicarious books at Folkstone is a main supplier and I believe the Camping and Caravan club travel department are also agents. Last year people had to contact Acsi direct in Holland when the English supply ran dry. Well worth the effort to get one.

bobalobs - 2011-06-21 1:47 PM

If it is like last year you will need to move quick as the supply of Acsi cards ran dry mid summer. Vicarious books at Folkstone is a main supplier and I believe the Camping and Caravan club travel department are also agents. Last year people had to contact Acsi direct in Holland when the English supply ran dry. Well worth the effort to get one.

Even though the supply ran out last year from Vicarious books, we were still able to get the book and card from the C&CC - as previous poster said, they are also agents in the UK. Finding ourselves unexpectedly free and able to travel, we booked quite late, and last minute, for September. But you have to be a member to purchase via the club.

Using the card again now, on a 3 month trip. Well worth it.

Some sites in the scheme also sell the book and card at the site reception - but that's leaving a lot to chance, best get it before you leave.

• 2 weeks later...
In addition to the ACSI card mentioned above we use the Camping cheques from www.campingcheque.co.uk which is a French organisation run by Alan Rogers travel in the UK. We have the gold card which costs 42Euros for 3 years which enables the cheques (15€) a night to be downloaded electronically. Their sites are first class and cover all of western europe including a few in the UK. Like the ACSI system these are for low season ie excluding say from 7th July to end August, but this was never was a problem to us as we had no intention of being abroad during their main holiday season. Both systems are well worth it in my opinion. Regards, Stewart

• 4 weeks later...
As mentioned ACSI and Camping Cheque are the 2 main ways of getting a discount and for ACSI, apply direcdt and you will get it no bother. It may also be worth whil checking with the site itself as many offer low season discounts which often amtch the card ones.

• 5 months later...

Hi, Having just transferred allegience back from the MH to the tuggers (Abbey Spectrum), next time we succeed in getting across the water, we will be looking out for Camping municipal and Camping a la Ferme sites as well as Camping Cheque, and ACSI sites. Municipals and farm sites are generally less expensive than either of the 2 books, but of course it depends on whether you want all the bells and whistles as well

tonyg3nwl

Archived