Freedom Twinsport caravan

TJK

HeIlo. I am considering buying a new freedom and have looked at one and although it would tick most of my boxes for ease of moving about due to its 680kg weight I am unsure how its lightweight would affect the towing stability. Also the caravan side walls are very thin with hardly any insulation and I wonder if it would be very cold especially on cold nights. As these units cost 11 grand it’s a lot of money to spend then be disappointed. I Know you can buy a small bailey pursuit or a elddis xplore for not much more and both these have superb insulation but they are bigger and much heavier and as I am very restricted to parking room they are not so good for me. Can anyone offer their experiences. Many thanks.

We have recently purchased a 2012 Freedom Discovery, not the same as the one you are considering, but lightweight and small. It tows beautifully and hardly takes up any room. Haven't tried camping in really cold weather with it, so cannot comment on insulation or lack thereof. It does have a gas heater though, and if we were to use it with EHU, I'd probably take our tiny oil filled radiator with us. These little vans have a 25 year life expectancy, and with no seams, should never leak. £11k does seem a lot for such a small caravan, but if you kept it long term then maybe not so expensive. We got ours for less than half the price of a new one and feel we got a good buy.

• 4 months later...

We have had 3 freedom caravans all much older , 1990's and camped in fields on club meets . without EHU.

And you will be suprised at how warm they can be, eavan on a cold night.

freedom caravans showed us that caravanning is fun fun fun.

And they are so stable as well, but get a alko stabiliser fitted mat give you extra peace of mind . we have biger caravan now , but thanks to the freedom we are doing the hobby all over uk .

Good luck and happy towing

:-D (lol)

I too have a Freedom, but its a 2013 sunseeker. I love our little van. I didn't like the seat covers, so am waiting for some to be made up in a real modern fabric. We have had no problems at all, and are enjoying lots of trips away.

i would recommend them. Cosy, warm, easy to tow!

Archived