Selling our caravan

Coachman

Owing to health issues we deceided to sell our Swift Charisma 535 2010 model.Put it on Caravan Finder and our local papers plus ebay.Up to now not a single enquirey, even throwing in all the extra's like air porch awning and all the Alko locks etc, gas bottles and so on.We had it full serviced in April to make it more saleable and as said not a" sausage". So is it wrong time of year for selling?.As for price we started at £10800 down to £9200 thinking it must be a good buy at that, how wrong we are.

As mentioned it is probably not a good time to try and sell. You could see if a dealer will sell it for you, but of course they will want a commision, but it would save you having to deal with time wasters. Also beware anyone who tries to do a quick deal as they are probably a bit dodgy.

As for price you may be a bit horrified to what you might get. As a trade in you will get a reasoonable price, as a straight sale then it is grim news. I have no idea of the value of your particular van but would estimate you may be looking at about half of what you paid new.

I have a caravan which is insured for £9000 but its actual sale value is probably no more than £3000. Bluntly I am not selling it but will keep it till it 'drops'.

Archived