You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Caravans -> Caravan Chat
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
marquis dorset and southampton
AuthorMessage
userseat1234
Posted: 24 March 2015 8:58 AM
Subject: marquis dorset and southampton

Just joined

we brought a caravan brand new from marquis Dorset on collection we asked if it was new due to several issues we were assured it was we later found out it had been on another site used for people to look over, we asked them to replace it with what we had ordered a new caravan and were told by the groups after care manager we had accepted it so all they would do is repair. The problems continue 5 weeks on as every body says once you've paid they don't care. We have dealt with Chichester caravans up till now for 15 years and never had a problem but they don't sell coachman, I would never deal with Marquis again they are useless

Edited by seat1234 2015-03-24 8:58 AM
userDen
Posted: 24 March 2015 10:52 AM
Subject: RE: marquis dorset and southampton

Treasured contributor

I'd be pretty ....issed off.

I would take it back, you didn't order a second hand caravan ( this is what demo models are and sold with a lower price to reflect this )

Chase up head office and the manufacturers of your caravan.
It's so annoying when a nice experience of buying something new is a let down.
It's good you posted on here.

I have used Marquis Tewksbury and found them excellent, but it's down to the managers and this one sounds a plonker.
userPJay
Posted: 24 March 2015 11:11 AM

Forum master

seat1234 - 2015-03-24 8:58 AM

we brought a caravan brand new from marquis Dorset on collection we asked if it was new due to several issues we were assured it was we later found out it had been on another site used for people to look over, we asked them to replace it with what we had ordered a new caravan and were told by the groups after care manager we had accepted it so all they would do is repair. The problems continue 5 weeks on as every body says once you've paid they don't care. We have dealt with Chichester caravans up till now for 15 years and never had a problem but they don't sell coachman, I would never deal with Marquis again they are useless

Why have you included Southampton branch? You said you bought from Dorset (Poole).
We bought our van from Southampton and good and helpful service from them.It does depend on the manager. Contact the Chairman, with you complaint. Did you pay full price? Where you told it was new, or a demo?
PJay
userTracker
Posted: 24 March 2015 1:17 PM

I posted earlier in response to those who thought this was the wrong place to post a grumble of this nature and I said that as the dealer in question also sells a few motorhomes from time to time that this is indeed the right place to post about issues with the company.

I now see that my posting has been deleted without explanation as have one or two others that were equally non contentious and unoffensive.

As far as I can see the only posting that might possibly be seen as contentious is the original and that remains?

WHY IS THIS ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by Tracker 2015-03-24 1:24 PM
userurbanracer
Posted: 24 March 2015 1:49 PM

Gets involved

My post has also been pulled it was short and to the point, yet for weeks some people post argumentative and contentious posts sometimes very long and insulting and they are allowed.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator