You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Caravans -> Towing Chat
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
New Civic
AuthorMessage
userDinkydot
Posted: 12 October 2006 8:56 AM
Subject: New Civic

Liking what I've found

Has anyone towed with the new Honda Civic. I am really interested in buying one, but unsure as to whether it will suit my Lunar Ariva.
userClive
Posted: 9 November 2007 10:36 PM
Subject: RE: New Civic

Forum master

Come on Rachel,
You are having a laugh!

C.
usercolin
Posted: 10 November 2007 7:25 PM

Legendary contributor

GF likes the new Civic as well, does that mean it's a girly car? looking in the broucure I see it has a towing limit of 1400kg so your Ariva's well inside that.
userClive
Posted: 10 November 2007 11:38 PM

Forum master

Yes but its for a Caravan! I would have thought that something like a VW camper would have been more appropriate. You know, surf boards on top and pot 3 blowing like a bag of nails etc.

Being a little more serious though towing any caravan with a small car is not to be recomended. The legal limits are the limits allowed by law, not those that make pleasant and safe driving - especially in side winds.

Suzuki Vitara comes to mind or the Honda CRV for the smallest of caravans but the Civic cannot be a serious tow car. Come on!

usercolin
Posted: 11 November 2007 8:14 PM

Legendary contributor

At the moment I would guess neither me or clive knows for certain as to how well the Civic would tow an Ariva, and of course it depends how often you would be towing, but with a 5dr Civic having a kerb weight of 1200kg+ and an Ariva having a MTPLM of 900kg it's not outragous, in the past I've towed similair without undue problems, yes it would be better to tow with a bigger car, but then you might see this as compromising your motoring when not towing.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator