New Towcar

Injebreck99

I have a1998 Nissan Terrano 2.7TD that I tow my Bessacar Cameo 495 with, but I feel that all the torque from this engine is too high up the rev range, compared to my earlier Terrano, I am thinking of replacing it with a Nissan X-Trail DCI,(136bhp) model of about 2004 onwards, but am reluctant to commit in case the X-Trail does not tow well either.

I want an engine with the power and torque lower down the rev range, but am concerned that the X-trail is only a 2.2 engine, any comments appreciated. :-D

• 2 weeks later...

HI. I HAVE A BESSACARR 495. YOU NEED AT LEAST 160bhp. YOU WILL BE ALRIGHT ON THE FLAT BUT A SLIGHT INCLINE COULD CAUSE PROBLEM'S FOR TAKE OFF. I TOW WITH A VOLVO V70 D5 . 30+MPG.

REGARD'S TONYB

tonyvolvo1@aol.com

• 5 months later...
Have a look at the Nissan Pathfinder. We just sold ours which i towed a Cameo 625GL with, never had any problems, superb tow car and it has the advantages of a high and low ratio gear box which is a great help on wet grassy slopes etc. Stich below 60 and you will get 30mpg,

• 1 year later...

We went to Germany last year, & met a couple in Luxembourg that told us that to enter German towns & cities that you have to have a fuel emissions pass in your windscreen.

They come in 3 colours red, yellow & green.

In the towns they have zone restrictions

Red pass only to the out skirts

Yellow a bit closer to the centre

Green entry to the centre

We slipped over the border to a local tuv garage to have the cars checked out for fuel emissions.

His brand new Pathfinder 2.5 was given a yellow pass. Fearing the worst my Terracan 2.9 was given a green pass.

So much for Nissan's fuel emissions B-)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
2005 mitsubishi shogun sport 2.5td, you will get around the same mpg whether towing or not its also very comfy for long drives only problem is it might be the same power/torque as the 1 your wanting to change but on the plus side it will pull a van on and off slippy grass & mud

Archived