You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Caravans -> Towing Chat
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Tow bar fitting
AuthorMessage
userDoris!
Posted: 13 July 2018 6:55 PM
Subject: Tow bar fitting

Just joined

Hello. Looking for someone within reasonable radius of Cheltenham capable of fitting a tow bar and electrics to our Ssangyong Turismo Tourist please
userW3526602
Posted: 19 July 2018 9:47 AM
Subject: RE: Tow bar fitting

Epic contributor

Hi Doris,

I can't help, I know very little about these vehicles, but the thought crossed my mind ... does it have a towing capacity on the VIN plate?

If it doesn't have a specified towing limit, then it is not allowed to tow anything ... which is stupid but not unknown.

Not so long ago, the Japanese did not pull speed-boats, and caravans, so the manufacturers did not bother giving them a towing limit. (Things have progressed since then) The problem arose when grey-imprts started to arrive in the UK, Conventional imports had a towing limit ... but the grey imports didn't. Oops!

PS ... I done A Google. It can tow 2850kg ... provided the VIN plate says it can.

If you have a Cat.B only licence, take care that you don't exceed your entitlement. A Cat.B licence holder in a Discovery, is limited to towing about 850kg. Its the MGW (I can't tremember what they call it now) that matters. If you exceed your combined weight entitlement, you are driving without a licence, which means you are not insured.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator