Towing with a Skoda

JandK

No, I have not. However, as I believe the Skoda is for all intents and purposes a re named VW then I guess looking at VW models such as the passat may be of help. The other thing to have a look at is

http://www.towcar.info/

which offers information on outfit matching and driving exzpectations. Do not take it all as gospel but it points you in the right directions.

The only other comment I have is that the Skoda/VW has a clutch type automatic not a torque drive. I have heard both good and bad things about these but many people use them to tow, so you should not have any problems, unless your caravan is a mighty twin axle job.

• 1 month later...
As a skoda driver and ardent caravaner if you are towing with an automatic skoda make sure you are within the 85% limit unless you are an experienced driver, I tow a lunar quasar 558 using a skoda 2.0 tdi manual estate which means I am towing at about 90%, but as I am a truck driver my experience with towing I find I get better mpg with the manual and I have more control if I do get caught out with unexpected side winds or trucks getting to close .the only problem I can see with an automatic is to get your brakes checked regularly to be on the safe side

Archived