You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Caravans -> Towing Chat
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Towing with a Skoda
AuthorMessage
userJandK
Posted: 6 April 2016 9:04 PM
Subject: Towing with a Skoda

Just joined

Has anyone towed a caravan with a Skoda Octavia Estate Automatic, if so how does it do?
userDave225
Posted: 7 April 2016 8:06 PM
Subject: RE: Towing with a Skoda

Forum master

No, I have not. However, as I believe the Skoda is for all intents and purposes a re named VW then I guess looking at VW models such as the passat may be of help. The other thing to have a look at is

http://www.towcar.info/

which offers information on outfit matching and driving exzpectations. Do not take it all as gospel but it points you in the right directions.

The only other comment I have is that the Skoda/VW has a clutch type automatic not a torque drive. I have heard both good and bad things about these but many people use them to tow, so you should not have any problems, unless your caravan is a mighty twin axle job.
usermko
Posted: 30 May 2016 9:11 PM
Subject: RE: Towing with a Skoda

Just joined

As a skoda driver and ardent caravaner if you are towing with an automatic skoda make sure you are within the 85% limit unless you are an experienced driver, I tow a lunar quasar 558 using a skoda 2.0 tdi manual estate which means I am towing at about 90%, but as I am a truck driver my experience with towing I find I get better mpg with the manual and I have more control if I do get caught out with unexpected side winds or trucks getting to close .the only problem I can see with an automatic is to get your brakes checked regularly to be on the safe side
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator