gas bottle replacement for 5th wheel

bonny

Has anyone out there, especially in France experienced what we are experiencing?

We have an american palamino 5th wheel. Touring France (wonderful way to see this beautiful country). Few challenges: How do you replace the gas bottles once it's empty? The French system is not compatible and if you are planning to live in it full time how do you heat or cook?

We have looked extensively both in france and the uk to find a solution but sofar to no avail. The french won't touch it beacuse it's not european and the uk does not have an adpater that fits with the french.

So please help us if you are in the same situation-how do refuel your gas bottles in france with an american system?

Hi Bonny

I assume you can 'replace' the bottles totally? If so, I'd suggest looking at the Gaslow (or other refillable) bottles. We have a Gaslow bottle (11kg) in our motorhome and simply top it up as and when we need to, wherever we are, as you can get adaptors for each countries' pumps.

Hi,thanks for that. We have 2 propane gas bottles 11 kg which fits onto the gas system of the palamino (5th wheel).

We will look into your suggestion but I have a feeling it's not going to be easy. An American Rv, bought in the uk and now touring France.....

• 1 month later...

Most supermarkets sell the rubber hose and the regulators over in france along with the gas and bottles, its not hard to change the regulators to french ones if you are there some time, or if the van is fitted with pigtails to change the pigtails though you would need to go to a caravan/motorhome shop possibly for them.

Must admit we use the BP light system and they sell the different regulators needed for different countries.

Archived